Bill Hader Announces 'Hard Decision' to Quit 'Saturday Night Live'
Another of "Saturday Night Live" veterans is departing the show. Bill Hader has announced that he will leave the NBC variety show when it ends the current 38th season. "It was a hard decision, but it has to happen at some point," he told New York Times. "It got to a point where I said, 'Maybe it's just time to go.' "
Hader joined the sketch comedy series in 2005 as a featured performer before being promoted to a full cast member a year later. He's best known for his impressions of famous people, such as Al Pacino, Brian Grazer, Vincent Price, Julian Assange, Alan Alda and Charlie Sheen.
The 34-year-old frequently reprises his role as Stefon, a city correspondent on "Weekend Update" segment, on the show. He received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his work on "SNL" in 2012. His last episode will air this weekend with Ben Affleck as the host.
Hader's departure comes just days after it was officially announced that "SNL" head writer Seth Meyers would replace Jimmy Fallon on "Late Night" show. This means that Meyers has to leave the variety series when he starts his new gig in February 2014.
Also considering to leave the show are Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis. "I think they're making their decisions and we'll know soon enough," "SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels commented on the two's fate. "I've said what I wanted to say to both. You never keep anybody there who doesn't want to be there, and there is a right time to leave, but it's more about where they are in their lives."
More Saturday Night Live News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift