Fearless Katniss Is Up for Another Battle in New 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Poster
A recently-debuted poster for Lionsgate's highly-anticipated film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" teases fierce Katniss Everdeen, famously played by Jennifer Lawrence. With a quote that reads, "The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand," Katniss stands tall on a cliff with a bow and an arrow on her hands.
Speaking to Den of Geek, Lawrence gave her thoughts on the film's protagonist. "Katniss is this futuristic Joan of Arc, she's a symbol for hope and freedom and revolt, and she's a hero that doesn't want to be a hero," she said, before adding, "She's also of these amazing things that you want in a character."
Directed by Francis Lawrence, "Catching Fire" opens with Katniss who has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games. Embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts with Peeta, she senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.
Besides Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth are back to reprise their respective roles as Peeta Mellark and Gale Hawthorne. Joining them in supporting roles are Lenny Kravitz, Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
The adaptation of Suzanne Collins's novel of the same title is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on November 22.
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii