Fearless Katniss Is Up for Another Battle in New 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Poster
A recently-debuted poster for Lionsgate's highly-anticipated film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" teases fierce Katniss Everdeen, famously played by Jennifer Lawrence. With a quote that reads, "The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand," Katniss stands tall on a cliff with a bow and an arrow on her hands.
Speaking to Den of Geek, Lawrence gave her thoughts on the film's protagonist. "Katniss is this futuristic Joan of Arc, she's a symbol for hope and freedom and revolt, and she's a hero that doesn't want to be a hero," she said, before adding, "She's also of these amazing things that you want in a character."
Directed by Francis Lawrence, "Catching Fire" opens with Katniss who has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games. Embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts with Peeta, she senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.
Besides Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth are back to reprise their respective roles as Peeta Mellark and Gale Hawthorne. Joining them in supporting roles are Lenny Kravitz, Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
The adaptation of Suzanne Collins's novel of the same title is slated to arrive in U.S. theaters on November 22.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'