Angie Everhart Battling Thyroid Cancer
Angie Everhart has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Everhart's representative confirmed the 43-year-old model and actress' condition on Monday, May 13, and said in a statement, "She wants to set the record straight by letting everyone know that it is true that she has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, however, the prognosis is very good."
Everhart will undergo surgery on Tuesday, May 14 so she could "be back to work and to mommy duties" in the next few weeks. "The most important reason she is revealing this information is to encourage people to learn about cancer prevention, its signs and treatment immediately," the rep continued.
"Thanks to all my friends that have supported me though this thyroid cancer!" Everhart tweeted on Monday, May 13. "Surgery is tomorrow! Xo"
Thyroid cancer is an uncommon type of cancer. Most people who have it do very well, because the cancer is usually found early and the treatments work well. Sofia Vergara and the host of "Dancing With the Stars", Brooke Burke-Charvet, were among those who underwent surgery for similar type of cancer.
The former Sports Illustration model made her acting debut in Arnold Schwarzenegger's action-comedy "Last Action Hero". The single mother to 4-year-old Kayden will next be seen appearing alongside Haylie Duff in comedy movie "The Wedding Pact".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences