Angie Everhart Battling Thyroid Cancer
Angie Everhart has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Everhart's representative confirmed the 43-year-old model and actress' condition on Monday, May 13, and said in a statement, "She wants to set the record straight by letting everyone know that it is true that she has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, however, the prognosis is very good."
Everhart will undergo surgery on Tuesday, May 14 so she could "be back to work and to mommy duties" in the next few weeks. "The most important reason she is revealing this information is to encourage people to learn about cancer prevention, its signs and treatment immediately," the rep continued.
"Thanks to all my friends that have supported me though this thyroid cancer!" Everhart tweeted on Monday, May 13. "Surgery is tomorrow! Xo"
Thyroid cancer is an uncommon type of cancer. Most people who have it do very well, because the cancer is usually found early and the treatments work well. Sofia Vergara and the host of "Dancing With the Stars", Brooke Burke-Charvet, were among those who underwent surgery for similar type of cancer.
The former Sports Illustration model made her acting debut in Arnold Schwarzenegger's action-comedy "Last Action Hero". The single mother to 4-year-old Kayden will next be seen appearing alongside Haylie Duff in comedy movie "The Wedding Pact".
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months