Angie Everhart Battling Thyroid Cancer
Angie Everhart has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Everhart's representative confirmed the 43-year-old model and actress' condition on Monday, May 13, and said in a statement, "She wants to set the record straight by letting everyone know that it is true that she has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, however, the prognosis is very good."
Everhart will undergo surgery on Tuesday, May 14 so she could "be back to work and to mommy duties" in the next few weeks. "The most important reason she is revealing this information is to encourage people to learn about cancer prevention, its signs and treatment immediately," the rep continued.
"Thanks to all my friends that have supported me though this thyroid cancer!" Everhart tweeted on Monday, May 13. "Surgery is tomorrow! Xo"
Thyroid cancer is an uncommon type of cancer. Most people who have it do very well, because the cancer is usually found early and the treatments work well. Sofia Vergara and the host of "Dancing With the Stars", Brooke Burke-Charvet, were among those who underwent surgery for similar type of cancer.
The former Sports Illustration model made her acting debut in Arnold Schwarzenegger's action-comedy "Last Action Hero". The single mother to 4-year-old Kayden will next be seen appearing alongside Haylie Duff in comedy movie "The Wedding Pact".
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed