New 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Pic Features Wolverine and Beast Back in 1973
"Welcome to 1973," so director Bryan Singer captions his latest photo for his highly-anticipated feature "X-Men: Days of Future Past". After previously teasing shaggy-haired James McAvoy as young Charles Xavier, Singer this time gives fans a first look at Wolverine and Beast as portrayed by Hugh Jackman and Nicholas Hoult.
Not many details hinting at the vintage period are shown in the pic, except the items that both actors don. Wearing horn-rimmed glasses, Hoult is seen in a suede jacket of which color matches his trousers'. Standing next to him is Jackman in his trademark sideburns, wearing a dark-colored vintage shirt under a brown leather jacket.
Speaking to Collider, Hoult admitted that he felt honored to play alongside many Hollywood stars in the upcoming "X-Men" flick. "Yeah and you know the thing that really excites me about it was I grew up watching Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and those guys in the 'X-Men' films," he said.
The Jack of "Jack the Giant Slayer" then added, "That's going to be really exciting to be on set with them in an 'X-Men' movie is going a dream come true definitely."
Based on Chris Claremont and John Byrne's storyline in "The Uncanny X-Men" #141 and #142, "Days of Future Past" is set in 1981. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
The star-studded Marvel film is scheduled to open in theaters across the United States on July 18, 2014.
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown