New 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Pic Features Wolverine and Beast Back in 1973
"Welcome to 1973," so director Bryan Singer captions his latest photo for his highly-anticipated feature "X-Men: Days of Future Past". After previously teasing shaggy-haired James McAvoy as young Charles Xavier, Singer this time gives fans a first look at Wolverine and Beast as portrayed by Hugh Jackman and Nicholas Hoult.
Not many details hinting at the vintage period are shown in the pic, except the items that both actors don. Wearing horn-rimmed glasses, Hoult is seen in a suede jacket of which color matches his trousers'. Standing next to him is Jackman in his trademark sideburns, wearing a dark-colored vintage shirt under a brown leather jacket.
Speaking to Collider, Hoult admitted that he felt honored to play alongside many Hollywood stars in the upcoming "X-Men" flick. "Yeah and you know the thing that really excites me about it was I grew up watching Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and those guys in the 'X-Men' films," he said.
The Jack of "Jack the Giant Slayer" then added, "That's going to be really exciting to be on set with them in an 'X-Men' movie is going a dream come true definitely."
Based on Chris Claremont and John Byrne's storyline in "The Uncanny X-Men" #141 and #142, "Days of Future Past" is set in 1981. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
The star-studded Marvel film is scheduled to open in theaters across the United States on July 18, 2014.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed