Video: Kristen Wiig Spoofs Mother's Day Ad for Big Return on 'Saturday Night Live'
A year after she bid farewell to the show, comedienne Kristen Wiig returned to the "Saturday Night Live" set on May 11 to host that week's episode and to do what she does best on the show, pulling off funny spoofs and sketches with the cast. With just a day to go before Mothers' Day, the "SNL" alum couldn't let her guest appearance end without doing a 1-800-Flowers commercial spoof.
The fake flowers delivery phone-in service commercial invited viewers to give Mom "the gift that's as wonderful as she is" but the rest of spoof only showed how Wiig's mom, played by Kate McKinnon, drove her crazy. The visibly annoyed daughter did her deadpan expressions as McKinnon still managed to nag her even after receiving a bouquet from Wiig.
The spoof was made up of contradictions, with Wiig boasting how much she loved "everything about" her mom even while she was getting irritated with McKinnon for asking a waiter if there were nuts in eggs benedict, despite not being allergic at all. Wiig also spoke about how "open and honest" mom and daughter were to each other then getting stunned with McKinnon's porn-viewing revelations.
Other sketches that night were the hilarious "Acupuncture" with Jason Sudeikis, Fred Armisen, Aidy Bryant and McKinnon, the "Scary Movie 5" spoof entitled "New Disney Show", and a couple of tried and tested sketches "Lawrence Welk" and "Target Lady".
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3