Video: Kristen Wiig Spoofs Mother's Day Ad for Big Return on 'Saturday Night Live'
A year after she bid farewell to the show, comedienne Kristen Wiig returned to the "Saturday Night Live" set on May 11 to host that week's episode and to do what she does best on the show, pulling off funny spoofs and sketches with the cast. With just a day to go before Mothers' Day, the "SNL" alum couldn't let her guest appearance end without doing a 1-800-Flowers commercial spoof.
The fake flowers delivery phone-in service commercial invited viewers to give Mom "the gift that's as wonderful as she is" but the rest of spoof only showed how Wiig's mom, played by Kate McKinnon, drove her crazy. The visibly annoyed daughter did her deadpan expressions as McKinnon still managed to nag her even after receiving a bouquet from Wiig.
The spoof was made up of contradictions, with Wiig boasting how much she loved "everything about" her mom even while she was getting irritated with McKinnon for asking a waiter if there were nuts in eggs benedict, despite not being allergic at all. Wiig also spoke about how "open and honest" mom and daughter were to each other then getting stunned with McKinnon's porn-viewing revelations.
Other sketches that night were the hilarious "Acupuncture" with Jason Sudeikis, Fred Armisen, Aidy Bryant and McKinnon, the "Scary Movie 5" spoof entitled "New Disney Show", and a couple of tried and tested sketches "Lawrence Welk" and "Target Lady".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie