Samuel L. Jackson Is the Commander-in-Chief in 'Big Game'
Award-winning actor Samuel L. Jackson will suit up for his next project. The Stephen of "Django Unchained" has just agreed to star in director Jalmari Helander's "Big Game" as the president of the United States. The film marks the English-language debut of the "Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale" helmer, who is a Finnish.
The story of the "adrenaline-fuelled action adventure" pic centers on a shy 13-year-old boy named Oskari who undergoes a test of manhood by spending a day and night alone in the wilderness. On the same night, Air Force One is shot down by terrorists and the boy discovers the most powerful man in the United States in an escape pod in the forest where the two in the end team up in a struggle for survival.
Will Clarke and Andy Mayson serve as co-producers under Altitude Film Entertainment banner alongside Jens Maurer of Egoli Tossell Film and Petri Jokiranta of Subzero Film Entertainment. Alex Garland will oversee the project, which is set to start shooting in late summer in Finland and Germany, and expected to debut during the Marche du Film.
Currently filming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", Jackson will next voice Whiplash in DreamWorks' "Turbo", which also includes Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti and Snoop Dogg in the voice cast ensemble. The animated film is slated to open in the United States on July 19.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame