Demi Lovato's New Album Bonus Track Unleashed
Pop rock songstress Demi Lovato's new album "Demi" is set to hit stores on Tuesday, May 14 but Lovatics are in for a treat as the LP's bonus track entitled "I Hate You, Don't Leave Me" drops earlier. The 20-year-old singer has been releasing songs for streaming leading up to the due date of the follow-up to her successful 2011-released "Unbroken" album.
In the three-and-a-half-minutes long ballad, Lovato sings about the uncertainties and apprehensions that come along with falling in love. The "Heart Attack" singer sounds authentically heartbroken in the song, having had her own share of heartache, with the most publicized ones being with Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers trio and "That 70's Show" star Wilmer Valderrama.
The contradicting elements in the song's title also ring throughout the track, with Lovato singing, "I hate you / Don't leave me / I feel like I can't breathe / Just hold me / Don't touch me / I want you to love / But I need you to trust me / Stay with me / Set me free." When she sings the part, "I've been here too many times before / Been abandoned / And I'm scared now / I can't handle / Another fallout," it makes listeners think she might be actually speaking from experience.
In the previously-released official trailer for her hit single "Heart Attack", Lovato spoke about her forthcoming new album. "I think I've opened up more on this album. My life began to evolve and I started to grow...This is what this album is about," she said.
More Demi Lovato News
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park