First Look at Dane DeHaan as Trip in 'Metallica Through the Never'
Dane DeHaan dressed in rock and roll style is teased in the first photo for "Metallica Through the Never" via Entertainment Weekly. Tapped to take the role of Trip, DeHaan is seen wearing a red hoodie and black leather jacket, standing all sweaty in the middle of a street riot.
The Picturehouse documentary follows a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission, while the rock band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down.
Speaking to Collider, DeHaan explained about his upcoming flick, "It's in a way like a 3D concert movie but there's also this narrative that ties together all the footage. It's gonna be, first of all, really rock and roll and really 'Metallica' for lack of a better word; they don't hold back at all."
When asked how he would describe the film, the Lucien Carr of "Kill Your Darlings" said, "It's unlike anything that I've ever seen before; It's almost like a concert movie meets 'The Wall' [Pink Floyd's 1982 film] meets Metallica."
Directed and penned by "Predators" helmer Nimrod Antal, the upcoming pic also stars James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo. Described by producer Charlotte Huggins as a "dramatic movie in which a concert takes place," the music film is slated to hit theaters across the nation on August 9.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans