First Look at Dane DeHaan as Trip in 'Metallica Through the Never'
Dane DeHaan dressed in rock and roll style is teased in the first photo for "Metallica Through the Never" via Entertainment Weekly. Tapped to take the role of Trip, DeHaan is seen wearing a red hoodie and black leather jacket, standing all sweaty in the middle of a street riot.
The Picturehouse documentary follows a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission, while the rock band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down.
Speaking to Collider, DeHaan explained about his upcoming flick, "It's in a way like a 3D concert movie but there's also this narrative that ties together all the footage. It's gonna be, first of all, really rock and roll and really 'Metallica' for lack of a better word; they don't hold back at all."
When asked how he would describe the film, the Lucien Carr of "Kill Your Darlings" said, "It's unlike anything that I've ever seen before; It's almost like a concert movie meets 'The Wall' [Pink Floyd's 1982 film] meets Metallica."
Directed and penned by "Predators" helmer Nimrod Antal, the upcoming pic also stars James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo. Described by producer Charlotte Huggins as a "dramatic movie in which a concert takes place," the music film is slated to hit theaters across the nation on August 9.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up