Witness Says Michael Jackson's Beating Heart Was Visible Through His Pale Skin
Michael Jackson's longtime make-up artist, Karen "Turkle" Faye, testified for Katherine Jackson on the pop singer's wrongful death trial on Friday, May 10. Faye said that Michael Blush, a costume designer, noticed Jackson's unhealthy condition when preparing costumes that the singer would wear on "This Is It" concerts.
Faye said that it happened in late June 2009. She was in Jackson's private quarters at Los Angeles Staples Center when Blush came in after witnessing the King of Pop's bare chest. "He said, 'Oh my God, Turkle, I could see Michael's heart beat through the skin in his chest,' " Faye told the jury. "It was like, 'Oh my god', He was pretty much in shock."
Faye also said that she then tried to talk to Frank DiLeo, Jackson's manager, about the singer's condition. " 'I got it under control, don't worry about it,' " she recalled how DiLeo responded to her warn.
"I said, 'But he's losing weight rapidly... Why don't you ask Michael Bush to verify taking in his pants and how much weight he's actually losing?' " she continued. DiLeo then went to speak to Blush and told him to get Jackson "a bucket of chicken." Faye wiped her tears and added, "It was such a cold response. I mean, it broke my heart."
Faye, who helped preparing Jackson's body in his casket, revealed that she was later asked to "help retouch" footage of Jackson for the posthumous documentary "This Is It". She said she turned down the offer and said, "It was a lie. I didn't want a lie. Everybody was lying after he died, [saying] that Michael was well. Everybody knew that he wasn't. I felt retouching Michael was just a part of that lie."
Jackson's mother is suing AEG Live, the promoter behind her son's "This Is It" concerts. She claimed AEG ignored Jackson's life-threatening condition and failed to investigate Dr. Conrad Murray, the personal doctor who administered the dose of propofol which later killed the star.
More Michael Jackson News
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic