Witness Says Michael Jackson's Beating Heart Was Visible Through His Pale Skin
Michael Jackson's longtime make-up artist, Karen "Turkle" Faye, testified for Katherine Jackson on the pop singer's wrongful death trial on Friday, May 10. Faye said that Michael Blush, a costume designer, noticed Jackson's unhealthy condition when preparing costumes that the singer would wear on "This Is It" concerts.
Faye said that it happened in late June 2009. She was in Jackson's private quarters at Los Angeles Staples Center when Blush came in after witnessing the King of Pop's bare chest. "He said, 'Oh my God, Turkle, I could see Michael's heart beat through the skin in his chest,' " Faye told the jury. "It was like, 'Oh my god', He was pretty much in shock."
Faye also said that she then tried to talk to Frank DiLeo, Jackson's manager, about the singer's condition. " 'I got it under control, don't worry about it,' " she recalled how DiLeo responded to her warn.
"I said, 'But he's losing weight rapidly... Why don't you ask Michael Bush to verify taking in his pants and how much weight he's actually losing?' " she continued. DiLeo then went to speak to Blush and told him to get Jackson "a bucket of chicken." Faye wiped her tears and added, "It was such a cold response. I mean, it broke my heart."
Faye, who helped preparing Jackson's body in his casket, revealed that she was later asked to "help retouch" footage of Jackson for the posthumous documentary "This Is It". She said she turned down the offer and said, "It was a lie. I didn't want a lie. Everybody was lying after he died, [saying] that Michael was well. Everybody knew that he wasn't. I felt retouching Michael was just a part of that lie."
Jackson's mother is suing AEG Live, the promoter behind her son's "This Is It" concerts. She claimed AEG ignored Jackson's life-threatening condition and failed to investigate Dr. Conrad Murray, the personal doctor who administered the dose of propofol which later killed the star.
More Michael Jackson News
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments