Dennis Rodman Slams President Obama Over American Prisoner, Plans to Visit North Korea
Former basketball player Dennis Rodman said that he would go to North Korea to talk about American citizen Kenneth Bae who is currently held in the country for alleged government overthrow. In a video posted by TMZ on Friday, May 10, Rodman also criticized President Obama on the issue.
"I'm gonna try and get the guy out. It's gonna be difficult," he said. Shortly after, he began attacking President Obama, "We got a black president [who] can't even go talk to [Jong-un]. Obama can't do s**t, I don't know why he won't go talk to him," he ranted. In addition, he dropped the F word, "Obama? F**k him!" He planned to go to North Korea on August 1.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un takes interest in basketball. He and Rodman became friends when Rodman toured the country last February with HBO's "Vice" series. The two even watched a basketball game together. Rodman, who declared Kim Jong-Un as friend, took to Twitter earlier this week to say that he would ask his North Korean friend a favor. "I'm calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him 'Kim', to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose," he wrote.
Kenneth Bae has been sentenced to 15 years of hard labor because of alleged "hostile acts" against North Korea. The country accused him of "trying to establish a base for anti-Pyongyang activities."
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat