Dennis Rodman Slams President Obama Over American Prisoner, Plans to Visit North Korea
Former basketball player Dennis Rodman said that he would go to North Korea to talk about American citizen Kenneth Bae who is currently held in the country for alleged government overthrow. In a video posted by TMZ on Friday, May 10, Rodman also criticized President Obama on the issue.
"I'm gonna try and get the guy out. It's gonna be difficult," he said. Shortly after, he began attacking President Obama, "We got a black president [who] can't even go talk to [Jong-un]. Obama can't do s**t, I don't know why he won't go talk to him," he ranted. In addition, he dropped the F word, "Obama? F**k him!" He planned to go to North Korea on August 1.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un takes interest in basketball. He and Rodman became friends when Rodman toured the country last February with HBO's "Vice" series. The two even watched a basketball game together. Rodman, who declared Kim Jong-Un as friend, took to Twitter earlier this week to say that he would ask his North Korean friend a favor. "I'm calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him 'Kim', to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose," he wrote.
Kenneth Bae has been sentenced to 15 years of hard labor because of alleged "hostile acts" against North Korea. The country accused him of "trying to establish a base for anti-Pyongyang activities."
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List