Dennis Rodman Slams President Obama Over American Prisoner, Plans to Visit North Korea
Former basketball player Dennis Rodman said that he would go to North Korea to talk about American citizen Kenneth Bae who is currently held in the country for alleged government overthrow. In a video posted by TMZ on Friday, May 10, Rodman also criticized President Obama on the issue.
"I'm gonna try and get the guy out. It's gonna be difficult," he said. Shortly after, he began attacking President Obama, "We got a black president [who] can't even go talk to [Jong-un]. Obama can't do s**t, I don't know why he won't go talk to him," he ranted. In addition, he dropped the F word, "Obama? F**k him!" He planned to go to North Korea on August 1.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un takes interest in basketball. He and Rodman became friends when Rodman toured the country last February with HBO's "Vice" series. The two even watched a basketball game together. Rodman, who declared Kim Jong-Un as friend, took to Twitter earlier this week to say that he would ask his North Korean friend a favor. "I'm calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him 'Kim', to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose," he wrote.
Kenneth Bae has been sentenced to 15 years of hard labor because of alleged "hostile acts" against North Korea. The country accused him of "trying to establish a base for anti-Pyongyang activities."
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo