Solange Knowles Premieres 'Locked in Closets' Mini Music Video
Solange Knowles premieres her colorful mini music video for "Locked in Closets", a track off her "True [EP]" released last fall. The one-and-a-half-minute clip shot in Brooklyn and directed by Alan del Rio Ortiz was brought to life by Refinery29 and Absolut Tune as part of their ongoing "Free Spirits" ad campaign.
The funky songstress brandishes her cool afro throughout the bright and vivid visuals that takes her across the famed NYC area. The 26-year-old neo-soul singer is shown riding a bike through the Gowanus Canal, lounging in front of Park Slope's infamous pink cornerstone, going through photos while in her Red Hook studio and relaxing in Soho during a listening session.
Solange will be featured on The Lonely Island's upcoming project, "The Wack Album", along with other collaborators Pharrell Williams, T-Pain, Justin Timberlake, Lady GaGa and Kendrick Lamar. The star-studded compilation is set to be released on June 11.
Back in September last year, Solange released a teaser clip for "Losing You", a single from her third album under independent label Terrible Records. Early in her career, she has worked with older sister Beyonce Knowles' girl group Destiny's Child and more recently is also dabbling in a career as a DJ, having been nominated last year along with Idris Elba, Nick Cannon and DJ Pauly D for the Celebrity DJ of the Year Award from The Golden Spin Awards.
Solange's "Locked in Closets" Video:
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'