Solange Knowles Premieres 'Locked in Closets' Mini Music Video
Solange Knowles premieres her colorful mini music video for "Locked in Closets", a track off her "True [EP]" released last fall. The one-and-a-half-minute clip shot in Brooklyn and directed by Alan del Rio Ortiz was brought to life by Refinery29 and Absolut Tune as part of their ongoing "Free Spirits" ad campaign.
The funky songstress brandishes her cool afro throughout the bright and vivid visuals that takes her across the famed NYC area. The 26-year-old neo-soul singer is shown riding a bike through the Gowanus Canal, lounging in front of Park Slope's infamous pink cornerstone, going through photos while in her Red Hook studio and relaxing in Soho during a listening session.
Solange will be featured on The Lonely Island's upcoming project, "The Wack Album", along with other collaborators Pharrell Williams, T-Pain, Justin Timberlake, Lady GaGa and Kendrick Lamar. The star-studded compilation is set to be released on June 11.
Back in September last year, Solange released a teaser clip for "Losing You", a single from her third album under independent label Terrible Records. Early in her career, she has worked with older sister Beyonce Knowles' girl group Destiny's Child and more recently is also dabbling in a career as a DJ, having been nominated last year along with Idris Elba, Nick Cannon and DJ Pauly D for the Celebrity DJ of the Year Award from The Golden Spin Awards.
Solange's "Locked in Closets" Video:
More Solange Knowles News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?