Michael B. Jordan Meets His End in First 'Fruitvale Station' Trailer
The first trailer for Sundance Film Festival-winning pic "Fruitvale Station" has made its way out via Yahoo! Movies. Co-produced by Forest Whitaker, the film chronicles tragic true story of young man Oscar Grant as he has no idea what truly awaits him once he is on board a train as previewed in the video.
The trailer opens with Michael B. Jordan's Grant and his friends celebrating the arrival of New Year on the mass transit train. The festive mood suddenly turns serious as an officer says, "Shots fired near Fruitvale." A glimpse of Grant fighting with a tattooed man on the train and being dragged by the police is later previewed, giving details of what might trigger the officer to shout into his radio to say so.
Directed and penned by Ryan Coogler, the indie film tells the story of the late Oscar Grant, a 22-year-old resident of the San Francisco Bay Area, and his experiences on the last day of his life, before he was fatally shot by police in the early morning hours of New Year's Day 2009.
Academy Award-winning Octavia Spencer, Melonie Diaz and Kevin Durand are also included in the cast ensemble. "Fruitvale Station", of which distribution rights were bought by The Weinstein Company, is set to arrive in theaters across the United States on July 12.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding