Michael B. Jordan Meets His End in First 'Fruitvale Station' Trailer
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 703
The first trailer for Sundance Film Festival-winning pic "Fruitvale Station" has made its way out via Yahoo! Movies. Co-produced by Forest Whitaker, the film chronicles tragic true story of young man Oscar Grant as he has no idea what truly awaits him once he is on board a train as previewed in the video.
The trailer opens with Michael B. Jordan's Grant and his friends celebrating the arrival of New Year on the mass transit train. The festive mood suddenly turns serious as an officer says, "Shots fired near Fruitvale." A glimpse of Grant fighting with a tattooed man on the train and being dragged by the police is later previewed, giving details of what might trigger the officer to shout into his radio to say so.
Directed and penned by Ryan Coogler, the indie film tells the story of the late Oscar Grant, a 22-year-old resident of the San Francisco Bay Area, and his experiences on the last day of his life, before he was fatally shot by police in the early morning hours of New Year's Day 2009.
Academy Award-winning Octavia Spencer, Melonie Diaz and Kevin Durand are also included in the cast ensemble. "Fruitvale Station", of which distribution rights were bought by The Weinstein Company, is set to arrive in theaters across the United States on July 12.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!