Michael B. Jordan Meets His End in First 'Fruitvale Station' Trailer
The first trailer for Sundance Film Festival-winning pic "Fruitvale Station" has made its way out via Yahoo! Movies. Co-produced by Forest Whitaker, the film chronicles tragic true story of young man Oscar Grant as he has no idea what truly awaits him once he is on board a train as previewed in the video.
The trailer opens with Michael B. Jordan's Grant and his friends celebrating the arrival of New Year on the mass transit train. The festive mood suddenly turns serious as an officer says, "Shots fired near Fruitvale." A glimpse of Grant fighting with a tattooed man on the train and being dragged by the police is later previewed, giving details of what might trigger the officer to shout into his radio to say so.
Directed and penned by Ryan Coogler, the indie film tells the story of the late Oscar Grant, a 22-year-old resident of the San Francisco Bay Area, and his experiences on the last day of his life, before he was fatally shot by police in the early morning hours of New Year's Day 2009.
Academy Award-winning Octavia Spencer, Melonie Diaz and Kevin Durand are also included in the cast ensemble. "Fruitvale Station", of which distribution rights were bought by The Weinstein Company, is set to arrive in theaters across the United States on July 12.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media