Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts Quarrel in First 'August: Osage County' Trailer
Building the anticipation before the film's November 8 release, the first trailer for George Clooney-produced "August: Osage County" has been debuted via ABC News. The video not only boasts the film's star-studded cast ensemble, but also previews a love and hate relationship between a mom and a daughter as portrayed by Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.
A dysfunctional family, the Westons are trying to mend a broken relationship among them following the death of dad Beverly. For the long-separated family, reunion seems to be quite a struggle as Violet (Streep) often gets into a heated argument with her daughter Barbara (Roberts), who later admits to her husband, "This mad house is my home."
Directed by John Wells, the film is a tale of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose lives have diverged until a family crisis brings them back to the Midwest house they grew up in, and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them.
Penned by Tracy Letts, the drama flick also stars Ewan McGregor, Benedict Cumberbatch, Abigail Breslin, Chris Cooper, Dermot Mulroney and Julianne Nicholson.
Jean Doumanian, Grant Heslov, Steve Traxler and Harvey Weinstein serve as co-producers for the pic, which is based on Letts' play of the same name.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors