Official: 'Burn Notice' Is Canceled After Seven Seasons
It's official; the upcoming seventh season of "Burn Notice" will be the last for the show. USA Network announced on Friday that it put an end to the action drama series, which will premiere its shortened seventh and now final season this summer starting June 6.
"Burn Notice has had an incredible run over the last six years, and we could not be more proud of the extraordinary talent both in front of and behind the cameras who have collectively made this show into one of the most popular and lauded shows on TV today," said Chris McCumber, USA Network co-president.
Jeff Wachtel, co-president of USA Network, added, "From day one, Burn Notice's characters, storylines and mythology have consistently captivated a massive audience, and this final season will raise the stakes even higher, leading up to a spectacular series finale."
Lead actor Jeffrey Donovan took to Twitter to address the cancellation. "Goodbye fans. Michael Westen starts his final bow June 6. Enjoy our last season.Thank you for all your support. Make it go out with a bang!" he tweeted.
Back in November 2012, when USA picked up "Burn Notice" for a 13-episode seventh season, Donovan had suggested that it would've been the last for the series. However, a spokesperson for the network said at the time that there's still no intention to end the series.
Another cable channel, TNT, also decided to pull the plug on its shows "Southland" and freshman "Monday Mornings". Words are, there's early talk to make a two-hour wrap-up movie for "Southland", which concluded its fifth season in April.
"Burn Notice" final season promo:
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death