'Criminal Minds' Main Cast Set to Return for Ninth Season
"Criminal Minds" officially gets a new season order. CBS renews the long-running drama series after the show's five lead actors, Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Shemar Moore, Kirsten Vangsness and A.J. Cook, agreed to new two-year contracts.
According to the network, "Criminal Minds" ranks as Wednesday's number one drama in viewers. Its current eighth season has averaged 12.24 million viewers, with a 3.3/09 rating in adults 18-49 and a 4.3/10 among adults 25-54.
The police procedural series joins "Elementary", "The Good Wife", "The Big Bang Theory", "How I Met Your Mother", "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and more which have been previously renewed.
CBS didn't give "Criminal Minds" an early renewal as some of the leads were renegotiating their deals, with Vangsness and Cook reportedly seeking salary parity with their male co-stars Moore and Matthew Gray Gubler. According to Deadline, the two eventually got substantial raises, thought they still don't make as much as Moore and Gubler do.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival