'Criminal Minds' Main Cast Set to Return for Ninth Season
"Criminal Minds" officially gets a new season order. CBS renews the long-running drama series after the show's five lead actors, Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Shemar Moore, Kirsten Vangsness and A.J. Cook, agreed to new two-year contracts.
According to the network, "Criminal Minds" ranks as Wednesday's number one drama in viewers. Its current eighth season has averaged 12.24 million viewers, with a 3.3/09 rating in adults 18-49 and a 4.3/10 among adults 25-54.
The police procedural series joins "Elementary", "The Good Wife", "The Big Bang Theory", "How I Met Your Mother", "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and more which have been previously renewed.
CBS didn't give "Criminal Minds" an early renewal as some of the leads were renegotiating their deals, with Vangsness and Cook reportedly seeking salary parity with their male co-stars Moore and Matthew Gray Gubler. According to Deadline, the two eventually got substantial raises, thought they still don't make as much as Moore and Gubler do.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says