The Wanted's Nathan Sykes Is in 'Better Spirits' After Throat Surgery
Nathan Sykes of The Wanted is recovering well after having a throat surgery during his birthday on April 18. His fellow band members shared good news about the 20-year-old singer with E! News. "Chances are, he's going to be okay. The signs so far have been really good," Max George said.
Another member, Jay McGuiness, said that Sykes got the "best" doctors with him and was in much better spirits during recovery. "He's definitely in better spirits than when he first came around," he said. Tom Parker cracked a joke about the absent member, "For the first time in three years in our careers, we're actually on time to every interview, which is slightly strange."
Sykes went under the knife last month because he had hemorrhaging nodule in his vocal chords. Back then, the band said that "the priority for Nathan, his label and management is that he is given time to recover and receive the best treatment possible." Therefore, he would be taking "unforseen hiatus" from the band to concentrate on the treatment.
After having surgery, Sykes took to Twitter to thank his fans for their support as well as birthday wishes. "Out of surgery. What a way to spend my birthday! Not gonna lie, I have been completely overwhelmed by all of the love, support and birthday wishes from you guys. You are all amazing!" he wrote.
According to Parker, Sykes probably will need to rest for another month. When Sykes was recovering, the other four members continued doing their work commitment. The Wanted is preparing their third album. In addition, they will be doing promotion for their new show "The Wanted Life" which will be premiered on Sunday, June 2 on E!.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed