The Wanted's Nathan Sykes Is in 'Better Spirits' After Throat Surgery
Nathan Sykes of The Wanted is recovering well after having a throat surgery during his birthday on April 18. His fellow band members shared good news about the 20-year-old singer with E! News. "Chances are, he's going to be okay. The signs so far have been really good," Max George said.
Another member, Jay McGuiness, said that Sykes got the "best" doctors with him and was in much better spirits during recovery. "He's definitely in better spirits than when he first came around," he said. Tom Parker cracked a joke about the absent member, "For the first time in three years in our careers, we're actually on time to every interview, which is slightly strange."
Sykes went under the knife last month because he had hemorrhaging nodule in his vocal chords. Back then, the band said that "the priority for Nathan, his label and management is that he is given time to recover and receive the best treatment possible." Therefore, he would be taking "unforseen hiatus" from the band to concentrate on the treatment.
After having surgery, Sykes took to Twitter to thank his fans for their support as well as birthday wishes. "Out of surgery. What a way to spend my birthday! Not gonna lie, I have been completely overwhelmed by all of the love, support and birthday wishes from you guys. You are all amazing!" he wrote.
According to Parker, Sykes probably will need to rest for another month. When Sykes was recovering, the other four members continued doing their work commitment. The Wanted is preparing their third album. In addition, they will be doing promotion for their new show "The Wanted Life" which will be premiered on Sunday, June 2 on E!.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says