'High School Musical' Actress KayCee Stroh Welcomes a Daughter
KayCee Stroh and husband Ben Higginson have become parents to a baby girl. Their first daughter Zetta Lee was born on Wednesday night, May 8 in Salt Lake City. The bundle of joy weighed 8 lbs., 9 oz.
"She made a dramatic entry into this world being almost two weeks overdue," Stroh told E! News. "But all is well, and we feel overly blessed to finally have our happy healthy baby girl! I feel I have been afforded the opportunity to do many incredible things in my lifetime, but by far this is the best."
Stroh, who played Martha Cox in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year", got married to Higginson in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 2009. Fellow stars in the popular TV movie, such as Monique Coleman, Ryne Sanborn and Bart Johnson, attended their wedding ceremony and reception.
Stroh announced her pregnancy in November 2012. "It's been a long time coming. Ben and I have been waiting for the right time, but as anyone in the entertainment business learns, there is no right time. You just have to take that leap," she told Us Weekly. During her pregnancy, the actress got interested in organic products. "It's funny how when it's not just about you anymore, your whole outlook changes," she said.
The professional dancer revealed that she decorated her baby's nursery in dominant espresso brown and pink because she "wanted it to have an elegant feel but also bring a warm calming effect." "Something timeless that still had that homeyness to it," she explained.
In regards to the baby's name, Stroh explained that she "loved Z names and double Ts." She told In Touch weekly during the baby shower, "I've always thought they were so beautiful."
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Tom Hanks, Piers Morgan, Donald Trump and More Mourn the Death of Space Legend John Glenn