Michelle Obama and Prince Harry Honor Military Mothers at White House
Prince Harry stunned hundreds of invited chiefly women in the military, their children, their mothers and some military spouses, as he appeared as a surprise guest in a Mother's Day Tea at the White House hosted by First Lady Michelle Obama and the vice president's wife, Jill Biden, on Thursday, May 9. "Harry!" some girls screamed while aiming their cellphone cameras at the 28-year-old British heartthrob.
"We are absolutely thrilled that he could be with us today," Michelle told Harry but then warned the guests that the prince "only has a limited time with us because he has a very busy schedule." Michelle added, "Prince Harry is going to stay as long as he can, and our goal is to get through everyone, but whenever he has to leave, we'll pull him out."
Harry arrived at Dulles International Airport on Thursday afternoon, May 9 on a commercial flight from London. He would be in the country for seven days to promote Britain, raise money for charity and cheer on wounded veterans.
Earlier that day, Harry's support of a landmine clearance charity was praised when he visited an exhibition highlighting the organization's vital work. He then visited Capitol Hill in Washington to see a moving photographic display which is raising awareness about the efforts of the anti-landmine charity the Halo Trust.
Harry is scheduled to attend the Warrior Games, a Paralympic-style sporting championship for injured servicemen and women, support British interests and promote his own charities.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage