'300: Rise of an Empire' and 'All You Need Is Kill' Get New Release Dates
Warner Bros. has recently made an announcement about its highly-anticipated films "300: Rise of an Empire" and "All You Need Is Kill". The studio apparently set new dates for both pics. The "300" spin-off is pushed back from August 2 this year to March 7, 2014, while the sci-fi film is moved from March 7 to June 6, 2014.
"Moving '300: Rise of an Empire' to March 7 continues in the tradition of the first '300' [released on March 9, 2007], and kicks off the spring moviegoing season in epic style," says Dan Fellman, the studio's president of domestic distribution, before continuing, "The film is on track to become all that audiences have come to expect from the franchise."
Meanwhile, Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, the president of international distribution, reveals that the Tom Cruise-starring film is up for a high-profile summer release because it's predicted to be a blockbuster hit at the box office. "We are thrilled about 'All You Need Is Kill' heating up our summer '14 slate. It is an action-packed adventure, told by an extraordinary cast, which is sure to have global appeal," she says.
Opening against DreamWorks' "Mr. Peabody & Sherman", "Rise of an Empire" centers on the clash between the Persians and the Greeks, led by admiral Themistokles. Artemisia, who is Xerxes' second-in-command, marches her army to seek revenge for her family's death. Directed by Noam Murro, the film stars Rodrigo Santoro and Eva Green.
Based on Hiroshi Sakurazaka's novel, "All You Need is Kill" centers on a new recruit in a war against aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. Besides Cruise, the film features Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress