Video: Alicia Keys and Lauren Alaina Perform on 'American Idol' Results Show
With the grand finale just a week away, "American Idol" brought in R'n'B diva Alicia Keys to add star power to the May 9 live results show. The Grammy Award-winning artist performed the single "Tears Always Win", a track from her scorching hot album "Girl on Fire".
But before her live rendition of the mid-tempo Bruno Mars composition from behind the grand piano, season ten runner-up Lauren Alaina first warmed up the stage with her brand new single "Barefoot and Buckwild" from her upcoming sophomore album. "So great to be back at Idol! I am getting ready for my performance tonight. Excited! #barefootandbuckwild," the 18-year-old country singer tweeted just before going onstage.
Alaina felt right at home on the "Idol" stage where she fought head-to-head and ultimately lost out to eventual champion Scotty McCreery. Ironically for a superstar and musician of her caliber, Keys was admittedly more anxious going into her performance. "Looking at the audience is giving me butterflyz!!! Feels like I'm trying out for the show too!!!" she modestly tweeted.
When both performances were delivered and contest judge Mariah Carey was done premiering the music video for her new single "#Beautiful" with R'n'B crooner Miguel, host Ryan Seacrest finally read the results, with Angie Miller getting the least number of votes, putting Candice Glover and Kree Harrison through to the grand finale. The two will face off next week to determine the season twelve winner, with the final results show the day after promising to be another star-studded musical event.
More Alicia Keys News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance