Report: Lindsay Lohan's Parents Summoned to Betty Ford for Group Therapy
A reunion for the Lohans is reportedly being staged at Betty Ford Center where Lindsay Lohan is currently in rehab. Dina Lohan and Michael Lohan are allegedly asked to go to the treatment facility in Rancho Mirage, California for a group therapy to help with their daughter's recovery.
"Lindsay's counselors want to get Dina and Michael to Betty Ford for a series of sessions in the next few weeks. They feel like having her work through her family issues could help Lindsay's recovery," a source told Radar Online. "Families are encouraged to participate in group therapy."
When contacted for a comment, Dina fiercely denied the rumor, "Where did you hear that from? News to me!" The single mother additionally slammed her former husband, "I have a warrant for child support against him... he owes thousands in back child support."
Michael, meanwhile, said if indeed there's a group therapy, he would be happy to attend. "I will gladly attend, like I've always wanted to. It's the only thing that will give Lindsay resolve and a chance to finally have her life and both parents back in her life," he said.
"This is about Lindsay, not Dina or me. Our family needs healing and that's the only way Lindsay is going to beat this," Michael added. "I'll be there for anything she needs." He and Dina finalized their divorce in 2007 after having a tumultuous 22-year marriage.
As for Lindsay, the actress has been in a lot of troubles in the recent past years ranging from DUI, jewelry theft and hit-and-run. She was recently ordered to rehab and community service after pleading no contest to lying to cops and reckless driving stemming from a 2012 car crash.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked