The CW Renews 'The Carrie Diaries' and 'Nikita', Orders Four New Shows
"The Carrie Diaries" and "Nikita" have just got a new series order, joining "Arrow", "The Vampire Diaries", "Beauty and the Beast" and others which were earlier picked up for new season. The "Sex and the City" prequel will return for a second season, while the Maggie Q-starring action drama will be back for a fifth installment.
Despite the renewal, fans of "Nikita" should prepare for the end of the series. Showrunner Craig Silverstein revealed that the upcoming season would be shortened and hinted that it could be the last for the show. "@sesfonstein #Nikita will return but not for a full season. We can promise an incredible finish though!" he tweeted on Thursday, May 9.
Following several other networks which have added new shows to their 2013-14 slates, The CW also greenlights four new dramas: "The Tomorrow People", "The 100", "Reign" and "Star-Crossed".
Based on a 1970s U.K. series, "The Tomorrow People" centers on several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers. Another sci-fi series, "The 100" is set nearly 100 years in the future after a nuclear disaster has destroyed civilization.
"Reign" tells previously unknown and untold story of Mary Queen of Scots' rise to power when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old. "Star-Crossed", previously known as "Oxygen", revolves around an epic romance between a human girl and an alien boy when humanoid aliens are trying to integrate into high school, ten years after hundreds of aliens landed on Earth.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby