First Look at Unshaven Charles Xavier in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Another picture to tease "X-Men: Days of Future Past" mutant has been uploaded on Twitter by director Bryan Singer. This time, Singer lets fans know how Charles Xavier looks like back in 1970s. Seemingly taken during the filming of scenes from the past, the photo features James McAvoy's character sporting messy hair and mustache while wearing a vintage shirt and brown trousers.
Talking to Huffington Post, McAvoy admitted that he tried hard to avoid resembling Patrick Stewart, the old Xavier in the original "X-Men" trilogy. "I... really try to take him as far way from the Professor X... as portrayed by Patrick... I wanted to take him the opposite way - without making him a bad guy. But, make him selfish and a little bit egotistical and all of those things."
The Scottish star also revealed that the upcoming flick would see Xavier in a "dark journey." "I think it will be going through a darker place to ultimately get a sorted Professor X that we're used to seeing come the third movie. This movie might be a little bit more of a passing through the crucible for him," he told Shortlist.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Also starring Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry and Jennifer Lawrence, the Marvel pic is slated to arrive in theaters across the nation on July 18, 2014.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie