PSY Responds 'Gentlemanly' to Billie Joe Armstrong's Herpes Comparison
South Korean pop superstar PSY surely knows how to respond to an insult when he graciously thanked punk rock band Green Day's lead vocalist Billie Joe Armstrong for his insulting comments about the YouTube record-breaker. The 35-year-old Asian entertainer even thought it was cool for him to be likened by the rocker to the sexually transmitted infection herpes.
After first inquiring as to what herpes was and subsequently being told that it was a viral disease that doesn't easily go away and keeps on recurring, PSY said, "Oh...hmm...I kinda like it, it's cool." The "Gentleman" singer even went the extra mile to say, "I think it's really cool and I appreciate that. Thank you."
The viral hitmaker's response came after Armstrong took a swipe at him on his Instagram on Tuesday, where he wrote, "This dude is the herpes of music. Once you think it's gone, it comes back. #herpes #flareup #pleasegoaway." PSY, whose "Gangnam Style" set unprecedented YouTube records, was thought of as only a one-hit wonder before he released the follow-up "Gentleman" which is proving to be another record-setting success for the singer/dancer.
Armstrong's latest tirade is another letdown following Armstrong's meltdown at the iHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas back in September and a subsequent stint in rehab earlier this year to get treatment for substance abuse, causing the band to postpone their tour dates for 2012 and early 2013.
PSY responding to being called herpes by Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong:
More PSY News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz