PSY Responds 'Gentlemanly' to Billie Joe Armstrong's Herpes Comparison
South Korean pop superstar PSY surely knows how to respond to an insult when he graciously thanked punk rock band Green Day's lead vocalist Billie Joe Armstrong for his insulting comments about the YouTube record-breaker. The 35-year-old Asian entertainer even thought it was cool for him to be likened by the rocker to the sexually transmitted infection herpes.
After first inquiring as to what herpes was and subsequently being told that it was a viral disease that doesn't easily go away and keeps on recurring, PSY said, "Oh...hmm...I kinda like it, it's cool." The "Gentleman" singer even went the extra mile to say, "I think it's really cool and I appreciate that. Thank you."
The viral hitmaker's response came after Armstrong took a swipe at him on his Instagram on Tuesday, where he wrote, "This dude is the herpes of music. Once you think it's gone, it comes back. #herpes #flareup #pleasegoaway." PSY, whose "Gangnam Style" set unprecedented YouTube records, was thought of as only a one-hit wonder before he released the follow-up "Gentleman" which is proving to be another record-setting success for the singer/dancer.
Armstrong's latest tirade is another letdown following Armstrong's meltdown at the iHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas back in September and a subsequent stint in rehab earlier this year to get treatment for substance abuse, causing the band to postpone their tour dates for 2012 and early 2013.
PSY responding to being called herpes by Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong:
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role