First Look at TNT's New Spy Drama 'Legends' Starring Sean Bean
TNT has just greenlit another new show a day after ordering Michael Bay's "The Last Ship". Getting a series pick with 10-episodes order this time is "Legends" from "Homeland" producer Howard Gordon.
The new drama series stars Sean Bean as Martin Odum, an undercover agent working for the FBI's Deep Cover Operations (D.C.O.) division. Martin has the uncanny ability to transform himself into a completely different person for each job. But he begins to question his own identity when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn't the man he believes himself to be.
" 'Legends' has everything you want in a good spy drama: intriguing characters, multi-layered plots, a terrific cast and lots of action and suspense," Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), says of the new show.
"At the center of it all is Sean Bean, giving an outstanding performance in an extremely complex and difficult role. We are very excited to work with Howard Gordon and his fellow executive producers, who have put together a truly extraordinary drama."
The spy drama is based on the award-winning book by master spy novelist Robert Littell. David Semel will direct and executive produce the project, with Ethan Reiff and Cy Voris serving as showrunners and exec producers.
Brendan Fraser was initially tapped to take the lead role, but he left early during production and was replaced by Bean. Ali Larter, Rob Mayes, Tina Majorino, Steve Harris, Amber Valletta and Lux Haney Jardine co-star on the show, which is yet to get a premiere date. A trailer for the series has been made available for viewing pleasure.
More Legends News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences