Kenny Chesney Earns His Seventh No. 1 Album on Billboard 200
Kenny Chesney's new album "Life on a Rock" debuts at the top of the Billboard 200 this week with 153,000 copies sold, giving the country crooner his seventh No. 1 album on the chart, according to Nielsen SoundScan. This puts Chesney behind Garth Brooks who holds the record for country act with the most No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200.
Slipping to No. 2 this week is last week's top album, Michael Buble's "To Be Loved", down 51% with 96,000 units sold. Meanwhile, sitting still at the third spot for the fourth consecutive week now is Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" declining only slightly by 8% with 68,000 records more moved this week. It's now JT's seventh straight week in the top three, with his album's first three sales weeks spent at the top of the charts.
Fantasia Barrino's "Side Effects of You" drops two places from No. 2 to No. 4, with its sales down by 60% with the 36,000 albums purchased this week. Getting back into the top ten from eleventh place is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis with "The Heist", up 24% with 35,000, just a little over the almost identical 35,000 posted by Blake Shelton's "Based on a True Story...", down 3% this week but managed to keep the No. 6 spot for another week.
Rising to No. 7 is last week's No. 10, Pink's "The Truth About Love", despite being down by 8% with 26,000 units. Also making a re-entry into the top ten after four weeks is Bruno Mars and his "Unorthodox Jukebox", climbing back up to No. 8 from No. 13 even with a minor 4% increase in its sales with a little less than the 26,000 moved by Pink.
At No. 9 is country act Randy Rogers Band's "Trouble" album which is the only other debut in the chart this week, also with 26,000 slightly less than Mars. Rounding up the top ten this week is Imagine Dragons with their album "Night Visions", also climbing back into the top ten after several weeks from No. 15 with 24,000 copies sold, up by 14%.
- Kenny Chesney - "Life on a Rock" (153,000)
- Michael Buble - "To Be Loved" (96,000)
- Justin Timberlake - "The 20/20 Experience" (68,000)
- Fantasia Barrino - "Side Effects of You" (36,000)
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "The Heist" (35,000)
- Blake Shelton -"Based on a True Story..." (35,000)
- Pink -"The Truth About Love" (26,000)
- Bruno Mars - "Unorthodox Jukebox" (26,000)
- Randy Rogers Band - "Trouble" (26,000)
- Imagine Dragons - "Night Visions" (24,000)
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer