Gwyneth Paltrow Promises to Never Attend the 'Un-Fun' Met Ball Again
Gwyneth Paltrow admitted that she had no fun when attending the 2013 Met Museum Costume Institute Gala on Monday, May 6. The 40-year-old actress even said that she had no intention to return to the annual gala next year, saying, "I'm never going again. It was so un-fun. It was boiling. It was too crowded. I did not enjoy it at all."
Unlike Anne Hathaway, who sported platinum blonde hair, or Sarah Jessica Parker, who wore Mohawk-shape hairdress, to go with this year's theme, "Punk: Chaos to Couture", Paltrow arrived at the event in a bright pink Valentino dress with a sheer horizontal line. She defended her appearance, saying, "I guess it's punk in that I've gone just totally classic on a punk night."
At the event, husband Chris Martin was also present. Paltrow kept her distance from Martin like she always did when being on an event with her husband. Of the tradition, Paltrow told Elle back in 2009, "It doesn't behoove us to be a public couple. He certainly doesn't want that. We've never ever walked down a red carpet together, we never will."
In another news, Paltrow recently angered her neighbors who lived around the "Iron Man 3" actress' home in Brentwood section of Los Angeles. According to TMZ, the neighbors complained Paltrow's 9-foot-tall gate which stood in front of her mansion, while the rule stated that the limit was only 6 feet. The L.A. City Department of Building and Safety is investigating and Paltrow may face more than $900 in fine if she doesn't fix any violations in 45 days.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group