Madonna to Be Awarded With Top Touring Artist at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
Pop icon Madonna will receive the Top Touring Artist honors when the 2013 Billboard Music Awards unfolds on May 19 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The 54-year-old entertainer will be honored for her top-grossing 2012 MDNA world tour which ended up as the tenth highest-earning tour of all time.
Her 88-date long international tour grossed a whopping $305 million, giving the Material Girl her latest career achievement already filled with numerous chart-toppers and millions in sales. Her "MDNA" album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 359,000 copies sold and went on to produce three Billboard Hot 100 chart-busting singles, "Give Me All Your Luvin' ", "Girl Gone Wild" and "Turn Up the Radio".
According to Billboard, "A cultural icon, Madonna is one of the most successful and influential entertainers of all time and was recently named Billboard's Top Money Maker of 2012." The pop diva is regarded not only as a music icon, being the best-selling female recording artist of all time, but is also considered as a cultural icon.
Madonna will be honored alongside Prince who will receive the Billboard Icon Award during the awards ceremony. Among those performing during the Tracy Morgan-hosted show are the music industry's biggest stars, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne.
More Madonna News
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene