Charlie Brown's Voice Actor Sent to Rehab for Stalking and Threatening
Charlie Brown's voice actor Peter Robbins was sentenced to a year in prison after pleading guilty for stalking former girlfriend Shawna Kern and threatening her plastic surgeon, Dr. Lori Saltz. Superior Court Judge Dwayne Moring said on Wednesday, May 8, that Robbins, who has already been in jail since January, could spend the rest eight months in a drug treatment facility.
Borrowing a line from Charlie Brown's friend Lucy van Pelt, judge Moring told Robbins, "Don't be a blockhead." Robbins was also given a five-year probation and ordered to pay $15,000 in restitution to the plastic surgeon. In his apology, he said that being in a rehab "is the first step towards becoming the fun-loving, respectful person" he used to be. He added, "I love Shawna and wish her my best."
Robbins was arrested in January after Kern reported to police that the 56-year-old former child voice actor called her more than 30 times in 24 hours and threatened to kill her. He also allegedly called Dr. Saltz' office so frequently to demand a refund for Kern's boob job.
Robbins is known for voicing Charlie Brown in the 1960s animated TV series, "Peanuts". He voiced the character for films and TV specials like "A Boy Named Charlie Brown", "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'