Nick Lachey Talks About Jessica Simpson Split and Being Free of Papa Joe
Nick Lachey talked about his former wife Jessica Simpson when having a chat with Andy Cohen on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live". The 98 Degrees member dropped a bomb when answering a question revolving around his ex's father Joe Simpson.
His confession that he hadn't spoken to his ex-wife in years nor did he watch old footage of their "Newlywed" reality series was not really surprising, but his explanation as to "what is the best thing about no longer having Joe Simpson as a father-in-law?" sure caught some off guard.
"Can I answer this one?" said Nick's brother Drew, who's also a member of 98 Degrees, before the father of one could give his response. Nick laughed as saying, "The best thing about not having Joe Simpson as a father-in-law [is]...I don't have to play grab-a** under the table on Easter Sunday."
Nick and Jessica both now have new lives. He's happily married to Vanessa Minnillo in 2011 and welcomed their first son Camden last September. Meanwhile, his ex is engaged to Eric Johnson (II). They have a daughter, Maxwell who was born a year ago, and a son on the way.
"It's been years [since the last time I talked to Jessica]. Years," he said on the TV show during a game of Plead the Fifth. "Honestly, probably six years...It was like another lifetime ago."
Jessica's parents themselves have separated. Their split was followed by rumors suggesting that Joe was a closeted gay.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'