Nick Lachey Talks About Jessica Simpson Split and Being Free of Papa Joe
Nick Lachey talked about his former wife Jessica Simpson when having a chat with Andy Cohen on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live". The 98 Degrees member dropped a bomb when answering a question revolving around his ex's father Joe Simpson.
His confession that he hadn't spoken to his ex-wife in years nor did he watch old footage of their "Newlywed" reality series was not really surprising, but his explanation as to "what is the best thing about no longer having Joe Simpson as a father-in-law?" sure caught some off guard.
"Can I answer this one?" said Nick's brother Drew, who's also a member of 98 Degrees, before the father of one could give his response. Nick laughed as saying, "The best thing about not having Joe Simpson as a father-in-law [is]...I don't have to play grab-a** under the table on Easter Sunday."
Nick and Jessica both now have new lives. He's happily married to Vanessa Minnillo in 2011 and welcomed their first son Camden last September. Meanwhile, his ex is engaged to Eric Johnson (II). They have a daughter, Maxwell who was born a year ago, and a son on the way.
"It's been years [since the last time I talked to Jessica]. Years," he said on the TV show during a game of Plead the Fifth. "Honestly, probably six years...It was like another lifetime ago."
Jessica's parents themselves have separated. Their split was followed by rumors suggesting that Joe was a closeted gay.
More Nick Lachey News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital