Nick Lachey Talks About Jessica Simpson Split and Being Free of Papa Joe
Nick Lachey talked about his former wife Jessica Simpson when having a chat with Andy Cohen on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live". The 98 Degrees member dropped a bomb when answering a question revolving around his ex's father Joe Simpson.
His confession that he hadn't spoken to his ex-wife in years nor did he watch old footage of their "Newlywed" reality series was not really surprising, but his explanation as to "what is the best thing about no longer having Joe Simpson as a father-in-law?" sure caught some off guard.
"Can I answer this one?" said Nick's brother Drew, who's also a member of 98 Degrees, before the father of one could give his response. Nick laughed as saying, "The best thing about not having Joe Simpson as a father-in-law [is]...I don't have to play grab-a** under the table on Easter Sunday."
Nick and Jessica both now have new lives. He's happily married to Vanessa Minnillo in 2011 and welcomed their first son Camden last September. Meanwhile, his ex is engaged to Eric Johnson (II). They have a daughter, Maxwell who was born a year ago, and a son on the way.
"It's been years [since the last time I talked to Jessica]. Years," he said on the TV show during a game of Plead the Fifth. "Honestly, probably six years...It was like another lifetime ago."
Jessica's parents themselves have separated. Their split was followed by rumors suggesting that Joe was a closeted gay.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift