'Cinderella' Finds Its Prince in 'Game of Thrones' Actor Richard Madden
Richard Madden has been tapped to tackle the lead male role in upcoming live-action movie of the famous "Cinderella" story. The Robb Stark of "Game of Thrones" is joined in the cast ensemble by Lily James and Cate Blanchett.
"Downton Abbey" actress James will portray the titular heroine, which was initially set to be played by Emma Watson before the "Harry Potter" star exited the project. Meanwhile, "Hanna" villain Blanchett will play Lady Tremaine, the evil stepmother.
Kenneth Branagh is confirmed to direct the new take on the popular tale, Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") will pen the script, and Simon Kinberg who is working to write a stand-alone "Star Wars" spin-off film serves as the producer.
"We were thinking of titles and characters that we hadn't really seen done in a modern, live-action way, and we were kind of stunned that Cinderella hasn't really been done that way, as a traditional, loyal telling of the story," Kinberg told Hero Complex. "She's a great, iconic character, a character that I loved when I was a kid, and I loved the Disney animated movie."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce