'Cinderella' Finds Its Prince in 'Game of Thrones' Actor Richard Madden
Richard Madden has been tapped to tackle the lead male role in upcoming live-action movie of the famous "Cinderella" story. The Robb Stark of "Game of Thrones" is joined in the cast ensemble by Lily James and Cate Blanchett.
"Downton Abbey" actress James will portray the titular heroine, which was initially set to be played by Emma Watson before the "Harry Potter" star exited the project. Meanwhile, "Hanna" villain Blanchett will play Lady Tremaine, the evil stepmother.
Kenneth Branagh is confirmed to direct the new take on the popular tale, Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") will pen the script, and Simon Kinberg who is working to write a stand-alone "Star Wars" spin-off film serves as the producer.
"We were thinking of titles and characters that we hadn't really seen done in a modern, live-action way, and we were kind of stunned that Cinderella hasn't really been done that way, as a traditional, loyal telling of the story," Kinberg told Hero Complex. "She's a great, iconic character, a character that I loved when I was a kid, and I loved the Disney animated movie."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers