'Cinderella' Finds Its Prince in 'Game of Thrones' Actor Richard Madden
Richard Madden has been tapped to tackle the lead male role in upcoming live-action movie of the famous "Cinderella" story. The Robb Stark of "Game of Thrones" is joined in the cast ensemble by Lily James and Cate Blanchett.
"Downton Abbey" actress James will portray the titular heroine, which was initially set to be played by Emma Watson before the "Harry Potter" star exited the project. Meanwhile, "Hanna" villain Blanchett will play Lady Tremaine, the evil stepmother.
Kenneth Branagh is confirmed to direct the new take on the popular tale, Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") will pen the script, and Simon Kinberg who is working to write a stand-alone "Star Wars" spin-off film serves as the producer.
"We were thinking of titles and characters that we hadn't really seen done in a modern, live-action way, and we were kind of stunned that Cinderella hasn't really been done that way, as a traditional, loyal telling of the story," Kinberg told Hero Complex. "She's a great, iconic character, a character that I loved when I was a kid, and I loved the Disney animated movie."
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money