'Cinderella' Finds Its Prince in 'Game of Thrones' Actor Richard Madden
Richard Madden has been tapped to tackle the lead male role in upcoming live-action movie of the famous "Cinderella" story. The Robb Stark of "Game of Thrones" is joined in the cast ensemble by Lily James and Cate Blanchett.
"Downton Abbey" actress James will portray the titular heroine, which was initially set to be played by Emma Watson before the "Harry Potter" star exited the project. Meanwhile, "Hanna" villain Blanchett will play Lady Tremaine, the evil stepmother.
Kenneth Branagh is confirmed to direct the new take on the popular tale, Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") will pen the script, and Simon Kinberg who is working to write a stand-alone "Star Wars" spin-off film serves as the producer.
"We were thinking of titles and characters that we hadn't really seen done in a modern, live-action way, and we were kind of stunned that Cinderella hasn't really been done that way, as a traditional, loyal telling of the story," Kinberg told Hero Complex. "She's a great, iconic character, a character that I loved when I was a kid, and I loved the Disney animated movie."
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'