'Cinderella' Finds Its Prince in 'Game of Thrones' Actor Richard Madden
Richard Madden has been tapped to tackle the lead male role in upcoming live-action movie of the famous "Cinderella" story. The Robb Stark of "Game of Thrones" is joined in the cast ensemble by Lily James and Cate Blanchett.
"Downton Abbey" actress James will portray the titular heroine, which was initially set to be played by Emma Watson before the "Harry Potter" star exited the project. Meanwhile, "Hanna" villain Blanchett will play Lady Tremaine, the evil stepmother.
Kenneth Branagh is confirmed to direct the new take on the popular tale, Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") will pen the script, and Simon Kinberg who is working to write a stand-alone "Star Wars" spin-off film serves as the producer.
"We were thinking of titles and characters that we hadn't really seen done in a modern, live-action way, and we were kind of stunned that Cinderella hasn't really been done that way, as a traditional, loyal telling of the story," Kinberg told Hero Complex. "She's a great, iconic character, a character that I loved when I was a kid, and I loved the Disney animated movie."
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes