FOX Series Orders: J.J. Abrams' 'Almost Human', 'Sleepy Hollow' and More
FOX has picked up four new series for its 2013-14 line-up. Among those are a cop-buddy show from J.J. Abrams and a modern take on "Sleepy Hollow" from Abrams' frequent collaborators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.
Under the working title "Almost Human", Abrams' futuristic action-drama stars Karl Urban, Michael Ealy and Lili Taylor. The story is set 35 years in the future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with human-like androids.
"Sleepy Hollow" is dubbed a modern-day supernatural thriller based on the legend of the titular Westchester Country, N.Y. town. Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Orlando Jones and Katia Winter are in the cast, with John Cho slated to guest star in the pilot.
Also getting a series order is "Rake", which marks the broadcast television series debut for Emmy Award winner Greg Kinnear. He stars as a brilliant but self-destructive criminal defense lawyer in the drama based on an Australian series of the same name. Peter Tolan and Peter Duncan are executive producing.
Another show coming to FOX in the next TV season is "Gang Related" from executive producers Scott Rosenbaum and Chris Morgan. Terry O'Quinn, whose latest show "666 Park Avenue" is short-lived, joins the cast which also includes Ramon Rodriguez, RZA, Jay Hernandez, Sung Kang, Inbar Lavi, Cliff Curtis and Shantel VanSanten. The plot centers on a gang member sent in to infiltrate the San Francisco Police Department and rise through its ranks.
UPDATE: FOX has also ordered five new comedies. They are "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" starring Andy Samberg, "Dads" from Seth MacFarlane, "Enlisted" starring Geoff Stults, "Us & Them" featuring Jason Ritter and Alexis Bledel, as well as Christopher Meloni-starrer "Surviving Jack".
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story