Universal Delays 'Jurassic Park 4' to 'Bring Audiences the Best Possible Version'
Universal Pictures puts "Jurassic Park IV" back on the cage for now on. Following report that the project was put on hold, the studio announced on Wednesday, May 8 that it indeed needed more time for development of the film.
"In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release' Jurassic Park 4' at a later date," the studio said in a statement. It reasoned that the delay was necessary to give "the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal's beloved franchise."
Universal initially eyed a June 24 start for the production with an aim to release the movie on June 13, 2014. New start and release dates haven't been announced yet.
Colin Trevorrow is on board as the director for the fourth "Jurassic Park" film, which had been developed over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, will serve as the executive producer.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture