Universal Delays 'Jurassic Park 4' to 'Bring Audiences the Best Possible Version'
Universal Pictures puts "Jurassic Park IV" back on the cage for now on. Following report that the project was put on hold, the studio announced on Wednesday, May 8 that it indeed needed more time for development of the film.
"In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release' Jurassic Park 4' at a later date," the studio said in a statement. It reasoned that the delay was necessary to give "the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal's beloved franchise."
Universal initially eyed a June 24 start for the production with an aim to release the movie on June 13, 2014. New start and release dates haven't been announced yet.
Colin Trevorrow is on board as the director for the fourth "Jurassic Park" film, which had been developed over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, will serve as the executive producer.
More Jurassic World News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism