Universal Delays 'Jurassic Park 4' to 'Bring Audiences the Best Possible Version'
Universal Pictures puts "Jurassic Park IV" back on the cage for now on. Following report that the project was put on hold, the studio announced on Wednesday, May 8 that it indeed needed more time for development of the film.
"In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release' Jurassic Park 4' at a later date," the studio said in a statement. It reasoned that the delay was necessary to give "the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal's beloved franchise."
Universal initially eyed a June 24 start for the production with an aim to release the movie on June 13, 2014. New start and release dates haven't been announced yet.
Colin Trevorrow is on board as the director for the fourth "Jurassic Park" film, which had been developed over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, will serve as the executive producer.
More Jurassic World News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen