Universal Delays 'Jurassic Park 4' to 'Bring Audiences the Best Possible Version'
Universal Pictures puts "Jurassic Park IV" back on the cage for now on. Following report that the project was put on hold, the studio announced on Wednesday, May 8 that it indeed needed more time for development of the film.
"In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release' Jurassic Park 4' at a later date," the studio said in a statement. It reasoned that the delay was necessary to give "the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal's beloved franchise."
Universal initially eyed a June 24 start for the production with an aim to release the movie on June 13, 2014. New start and release dates haven't been announced yet.
Colin Trevorrow is on board as the director for the fourth "Jurassic Park" film, which had been developed over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, will serve as the executive producer.
More Jurassic World News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back