Universal Delays 'Jurassic Park 4' to 'Bring Audiences the Best Possible Version'
Universal Pictures puts "Jurassic Park IV" back on the cage for now on. Following report that the project was put on hold, the studio announced on Wednesday, May 8 that it indeed needed more time for development of the film.
"In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release' Jurassic Park 4' at a later date," the studio said in a statement. It reasoned that the delay was necessary to give "the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal's beloved franchise."
Universal initially eyed a June 24 start for the production with an aim to release the movie on June 13, 2014. New start and release dates haven't been announced yet.
Colin Trevorrow is on board as the director for the fourth "Jurassic Park" film, which had been developed over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, will serve as the executive producer.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie