First 'Gravity' Footage: George Clooney and Sandra Bullock Trapped in Outer Space
Before debuting its first trailer on May 9, director Alfonso Quaron builds fans' anticipation for his upcoming film "Gravity" with the release of its first footage via Entertainment Tonight. In this 16-second snippet, the film's leads George Clooney and Sandra Bullock are seen drifting in space following a major damage on their space station.
In the sci-fi thriller, Bullock portrays Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer who is on her first shuttle mission with a veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (Clooney), who considers it as his last flight before retiring. As they do a seemingly routine spacewalk, their shuttle is suddenly destroyed, leaving them completely alone in the outer space without any link to Earth.
Quaron, who previously directed Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson's "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban", takes a triple duty in this project. Besides directing, he co-writes the script alongside his son Jonas Quaron and co-produces the film with David Heyman, who served as co-producer in "Harry Potter" film franchise.
The film was initially set to feature Angelina Jolie as the female lead in February 2010. However, later in that month, she passed on the project because not only she did not get paid $20 million, but also she wanted to focus on her war film "In the Land of Blood and Honey". Robert Downey Jr. was approached to be the male lead in March the same year, but he exited the project in November to star in "How to Talk to Girls".
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos