First 'The Butler' Trailer: Forest Whitaker Serves Eight Most Powerful Men in the U.S.
The first trailer for director Lee Daniels' upcoming film "The Butler" has made its way out via Yahoo! Movies. Featuring many famous faces in Hollywood as notable persons, the video centers on Forest Whitaker who delivers an impressive acting for his portrayal of a butler named Cecil Gaines.
Rising from tough beginnings, Gaines proves that he can change his life as well as his family's through his service at the White House. Giving all his best to serve eight presidents of the United States, Gaines earns trust from them and even changes them in a way that cannot be done by other butlers.
Based on a true story of former White House butler Eugene Allen, the historical drama centers on Cecil Gaines who serves eight American presidents over three decades. The film traces the dramatic changes felt by American society at that time, from the civil rights movement to Vietnam and beyond, and how those changes affect the man's life and family.
Penned by Daniels and Danny Strong, the upcoming film stars Oprah Winfrey, Terrence Howard, Minka Kelly, Lenny Kravitz, David Oyelowo, Mariah Carey and Alex Pettyfer.
Playing the presidents are Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, James Marsden as John F. Kennedy and Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson.
The film is set to be released in the United States on October 18.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked