'Jurassic Park IV' Is Reportedly Put On Hold
Fans will have to wait longer to see the next "Jurassic Park" film, if Ain't It Cool News is to be trusted. The site reports that production on "Jurassic Park IV" is put on hold, as hinted by several tweets from the crew members of the film.
The film's concept artist Dean Sherriff tweeted on May 7, "JP4 on hold," but later deleted it. Todd Smoyer, a digital assets manager on the project, wrote a similarly vague message, "Hollywood makes and crushes dreams. Goodbye JP4."
Just five days before, director Colin Trevorrow posted a picture from a location scout which he tweeted as Nublar. With no official confirmation from Universal Pictures which develops the project, people can still hope that the halt is just temporary and the film is not dead yet.
"Jurassic Park IV" had been development over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, is on board as the executive producer. Universal Pictures aims for a June 13, 2014 release for the movie.
More Jurassic World News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'