'Jurassic Park IV' Is Reportedly Put On Hold
Fans will have to wait longer to see the next "Jurassic Park" film, if Ain't It Cool News is to be trusted. The site reports that production on "Jurassic Park IV" is put on hold, as hinted by several tweets from the crew members of the film.
The film's concept artist Dean Sherriff tweeted on May 7, "JP4 on hold," but later deleted it. Todd Smoyer, a digital assets manager on the project, wrote a similarly vague message, "Hollywood makes and crushes dreams. Goodbye JP4."
Just five days before, director Colin Trevorrow posted a picture from a location scout which he tweeted as Nublar. With no official confirmation from Universal Pictures which develops the project, people can still hope that the halt is just temporary and the film is not dead yet.
"Jurassic Park IV" had been development over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, is on board as the executive producer. Universal Pictures aims for a June 13, 2014 release for the movie.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order