'Jurassic Park IV' Is Reportedly Put On Hold
Fans will have to wait longer to see the next "Jurassic Park" film, if Ain't It Cool News is to be trusted. The site reports that production on "Jurassic Park IV" is put on hold, as hinted by several tweets from the crew members of the film.
The film's concept artist Dean Sherriff tweeted on May 7, "JP4 on hold," but later deleted it. Todd Smoyer, a digital assets manager on the project, wrote a similarly vague message, "Hollywood makes and crushes dreams. Goodbye JP4."
Just five days before, director Colin Trevorrow posted a picture from a location scout which he tweeted as Nublar. With no official confirmation from Universal Pictures which develops the project, people can still hope that the halt is just temporary and the film is not dead yet.
"Jurassic Park IV" had been development over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, is on board as the executive producer. Universal Pictures aims for a June 13, 2014 release for the movie.
More Jurassic World News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support