'Jurassic Park IV' Is Reportedly Put On Hold
Fans will have to wait longer to see the next "Jurassic Park" film, if Ain't It Cool News is to be trusted. The site reports that production on "Jurassic Park IV" is put on hold, as hinted by several tweets from the crew members of the film.
The film's concept artist Dean Sherriff tweeted on May 7, "JP4 on hold," but later deleted it. Todd Smoyer, a digital assets manager on the project, wrote a similarly vague message, "Hollywood makes and crushes dreams. Goodbye JP4."
Just five days before, director Colin Trevorrow posted a picture from a location scout which he tweeted as Nublar. With no official confirmation from Universal Pictures which develops the project, people can still hope that the halt is just temporary and the film is not dead yet.
"Jurassic Park IV" had been development over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, is on board as the executive producer. Universal Pictures aims for a June 13, 2014 release for the movie.
More Jurassic World News
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck