'Jurassic Park IV' Is Reportedly Put On Hold
Fans will have to wait longer to see the next "Jurassic Park" film, if Ain't It Cool News is to be trusted. The site reports that production on "Jurassic Park IV" is put on hold, as hinted by several tweets from the crew members of the film.
The film's concept artist Dean Sherriff tweeted on May 7, "JP4 on hold," but later deleted it. Todd Smoyer, a digital assets manager on the project, wrote a similarly vague message, "Hollywood makes and crushes dreams. Goodbye JP4."
Just five days before, director Colin Trevorrow posted a picture from a location scout which he tweeted as Nublar. With no official confirmation from Universal Pictures which develops the project, people can still hope that the halt is just temporary and the film is not dead yet.
"Jurassic Park IV" had been development over 11 years before being officially announced in the works early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, is on board as the executive producer. Universal Pictures aims for a June 13, 2014 release for the movie.
More Jurassic World News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy