Robert Downey Jr. Might Suit Up for 'The Avengers 2' and 'The Avengers 3'
Even though Robert Downey Jr. has openly hinted at his retirement from the "Iron Man" franchise several times, there seems to be a glimpse of hope that he might change his mind. The Tony Stark depicter is reportedly in talks to reprise his iconic role in Marvel's upcoming projects "The Avengers 2" and "The Avengers 3".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Downey discussed the contract matters with Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige and Disney Studios head Alan Horn over a private dinner thrown by the actor and his wife Susan Downey at Spargo on May 6. Sources told the site that "Iron Man 4" was not mentioned during the conversation.
Downey's latest film "Iron Man 3" has been a great success in both domestic and international box offices. The Shane Black-directed film posts the second biggest opening weekend behind "The Avengers". Considering that Downey was featured in both well-received films, it is no surprise to know that the star demands a raise of his payment if the studios really want him for their next installments in "The Avengers" film series.
Downey reportedly received more than $50 million payday for his appearance in "The Avengers". "Isn't that crazy? They are so pissed. I'm what's known as a strategic cost," the actor confirmed the number in the June issue of GQ last year. Of his possibility to suit up as Iron Man in the next stand-alone film, he said, "I had a long contract with them, and now we're gonna renegotiate," when making appearance on "The Daily Show" on April 30.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent