'Splash' Crowns Its First Winner
The bruise and injury were paid off when one "Splash" contestant got hailed as the winner of the inaugural season of the reality show. When the episode started on Tuesday, May 7 night, there were still three celebrities left on the competition, Nicole Eggert, Rory Bushfield and Drake Bell.
Bell was eliminated in the first round after scoring 7s from judges David Boudia and Steve Foley for his inward 1.5. Eggert, who scored 8.5s with a handstand somersault, and Bushfield, who averaged 9.25 with his double-double despite competing with a busted eardrum, made it to the final round.
For the final dive, Eggert opted to do a back double-double off the seven-meter platform, but landed flat on her back. "I need help. I hurt my back," she said after the botched dive, but she managed to walk out of the pool by herself.
Bushfield, meanwhile, did a front 2.5 off the 10m and entered the water head first. It was an impressive dive and the audience, who got to choose the winner, agreed as the majority of them voted for Bushfield.
"I think I'm just inspired by my wife Sarah, looking down," he said of what motivated him during the competition. Bushfield's late wife, freestyle skier and 4-time Winter X Games gold medalist Sarah Burke, died in January 2012 in a ski accident.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'