Kanye West Serenades Kim Kardashian With New Music at Met Gala
G.O.O.D Music label mogul Kanye West was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City Monday night, May 6, entertaining a handful of A-listers who were there attending the annual Costume Institute Gala. Debuting new music and unabashedly declaring "I am a god!" within his performance, the 35-year-old father-to-be also took the gig as an opportunity to serenade pregnant girlfriend Kim Kardashian who was looking on.
Although the rap superstar was almost screaming at times during his set, he managed to squeeze in some very supportive words of encouragement for her reality TV star girlfriend, who's been getting a lot of unwarranted attention from the tabloids lately. "Don't let nobody bring you down/ You're so awesome!" West shouted out to Kardashian, in a very public display of affection.
Often getting singled out by the media for his unconventional outfits, West stayed true to his personal style, wearing a leather skirt with his sparkly Givenchy shirt, showing Kardashian how to simply ignore bashers and not let them get the best of her by his own example. The reality TV star returned the compliment via her Instagram, posting a photo of Yeezy onstage with the words, "Baby, you're AWESOME."
Just last week, West got everyone abuzz when he cryptically tweeted, "June 18th," and nothing more, prompting everyone to speculate if it's Kardashian's due date or perhaps a wedding announcement was going to be made on that day. Fans are hoping it's the release date of his forthcoming new album so they could finally get to hear his collaborations with Skrillex, John Legend and many more top artists.
More Kanye West News
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says