Kanye West Serenades Kim Kardashian With New Music at Met Gala
G.O.O.D Music label mogul Kanye West was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City Monday night, May 6, entertaining a handful of A-listers who were there attending the annual Costume Institute Gala. Debuting new music and unabashedly declaring "I am a god!" within his performance, the 35-year-old father-to-be also took the gig as an opportunity to serenade pregnant girlfriend Kim Kardashian who was looking on.
Although the rap superstar was almost screaming at times during his set, he managed to squeeze in some very supportive words of encouragement for her reality TV star girlfriend, who's been getting a lot of unwarranted attention from the tabloids lately. "Don't let nobody bring you down/ You're so awesome!" West shouted out to Kardashian, in a very public display of affection.
Often getting singled out by the media for his unconventional outfits, West stayed true to his personal style, wearing a leather skirt with his sparkly Givenchy shirt, showing Kardashian how to simply ignore bashers and not let them get the best of her by his own example. The reality TV star returned the compliment via her Instagram, posting a photo of Yeezy onstage with the words, "Baby, you're AWESOME."
Just last week, West got everyone abuzz when he cryptically tweeted, "June 18th," and nothing more, prompting everyone to speculate if it's Kardashian's due date or perhaps a wedding announcement was going to be made on that day. Fans are hoping it's the release date of his forthcoming new album so they could finally get to hear his collaborations with Skrillex, John Legend and many more top artists.
More Kanye West News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March