Kanye West Serenades Kim Kardashian With New Music at Met Gala
G.O.O.D Music label mogul Kanye West was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City Monday night, May 6, entertaining a handful of A-listers who were there attending the annual Costume Institute Gala. Debuting new music and unabashedly declaring "I am a god!" within his performance, the 35-year-old father-to-be also took the gig as an opportunity to serenade pregnant girlfriend Kim Kardashian who was looking on.
Although the rap superstar was almost screaming at times during his set, he managed to squeeze in some very supportive words of encouragement for her reality TV star girlfriend, who's been getting a lot of unwarranted attention from the tabloids lately. "Don't let nobody bring you down/ You're so awesome!" West shouted out to Kardashian, in a very public display of affection.
Often getting singled out by the media for his unconventional outfits, West stayed true to his personal style, wearing a leather skirt with his sparkly Givenchy shirt, showing Kardashian how to simply ignore bashers and not let them get the best of her by his own example. The reality TV star returned the compliment via her Instagram, posting a photo of Yeezy onstage with the words, "Baby, you're AWESOME."
Just last week, West got everyone abuzz when he cryptically tweeted, "June 18th," and nothing more, prompting everyone to speculate if it's Kardashian's due date or perhaps a wedding announcement was going to be made on that day. Fans are hoping it's the release date of his forthcoming new album so they could finally get to hear his collaborations with Skrillex, John Legend and many more top artists.
More Kanye West News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences