Rocker Tim Lambesis Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Hire Hitman to Kill Estranged Wife
Tim Lambesis of heavy metal band As I Lay Dying has been taken into police custody. The 32-year-old rocker is being investigated in murder-for-hire plot. He is accused of trying to hire someone to kill his estranged wife, authorities say.
According to Fox 5 San Diego, Lambesis was arrested at a Barnes & Noble on Vista Way in Oceanside, California Tuesday, May 7 at about 2 P.M. Police reportedly received information that he contacted an undercover detective on May 2 to commit the slaying.
The lead singer is being held at the Vista Detention Facility. Other details remain scarce as investigation is still ongoing, but Jan Caldwell, spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Department, made it clear that "we need to act on this immediately."
The band's representative could not immediately be reached for comment.
As I Lay Dying has released at least six studio albums and got nominated for a Grammy in 2008. In their website, the group is scheduled to embark on a tour across the country this month. Their recent gig took place at SOMA concert venue on March 1.
Lambesis has two daughters and a son, all of whom he adopted from Ethiopia. Back in March 2009, the frontman missed several of his band's shows as he was finalizing the adoption process for a baby.
"It's an amazing thing to become a father, but an honor like that is something that can never be timed perfectly. I've been in the process of adoption from Ethiopia for about a year now and it turns out that I will be able to take my son home in the first week of April," he told Noisecreep back then.
In a January interview this year, he talked about how his humanitarianism inspired his songwriting. "My kids are adopted and I've visited their country; they're from Ethiopia, and that was eye-opening to what the world is really like, at least a third of the world," he said.
"I think that just influences my entire worldview. Even if I'm not necessarily writing a song about humanitarian work, I'm writing a song about what truly makes us happy in life, and those types of think that have been influenced by my experiences."
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24