First 'Ender's Game' Trailer Teases Ender's Tough Preparation to Be 'the Finest Commander'
After previously teasing fans with the release of its first footage, director Gavin Hood's upcoming film "Ender's Game" has finally debuted its first trailer on the web. Unveiled on May 7, the video not only displays a lot of space-set actions, but also gives fans a closer look at the main character Ender Wiggin.
First previewing a heated battle between the human race and the alien Formics a.k.a. buggers, the trailer soon highlights Ender, one of the chosen kids who can be seen being trained with a simulated battle game. "If you succeed, you will be remembered as hero," Colonel Graff says to the brilliant boy.
The video also teases an emotional moment between Ender and his sister Valentine, who is in tears when hugging her brother. However, it is not clear what exactly moves Valentine to tears. Crucial roles Petra Arkanian and Major Anderson play in the film still remain mysterious as well.
Based on Orson Scott Card's novels "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow", the flick is set in the time after the Earth is assaulted by alien and gifted children are recruited by the government to take revenge. Ender emerges as the chosen kid and soon he becomes Earth's best hope to defeat the alien Formic race.
The film stars Asa Butterfield as Ender, Harrison Ford as Colonel Graff, Ben Kingsley as moko-tattooed Mazer Rackham and Viola Davis as Major Anderson. Also having Abigail Breslin and Hailee Steinfeld in the cast ensemble, the movie will open in U.S. theaters on November 1.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed