First 'Ender's Game' Trailer Teases Ender's Tough Preparation to Be 'the Finest Commander'
After previously teasing fans with the release of its first footage, director Gavin Hood's upcoming film "Ender's Game" has finally debuted its first trailer on the web. Unveiled on May 7, the video not only displays a lot of space-set actions, but also gives fans a closer look at the main character Ender Wiggin.
First previewing a heated battle between the human race and the alien Formics a.k.a. buggers, the trailer soon highlights Ender, one of the chosen kids who can be seen being trained with a simulated battle game. "If you succeed, you will be remembered as hero," Colonel Graff says to the brilliant boy.
The video also teases an emotional moment between Ender and his sister Valentine, who is in tears when hugging her brother. However, it is not clear what exactly moves Valentine to tears. Crucial roles Petra Arkanian and Major Anderson play in the film still remain mysterious as well.
Based on Orson Scott Card's novels "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow", the flick is set in the time after the Earth is assaulted by alien and gifted children are recruited by the government to take revenge. Ender emerges as the chosen kid and soon he becomes Earth's best hope to defeat the alien Formic race.
The film stars Asa Butterfield as Ender, Harrison Ford as Colonel Graff, Ben Kingsley as moko-tattooed Mazer Rackham and Viola Davis as Major Anderson. Also having Abigail Breslin and Hailee Steinfeld in the cast ensemble, the movie will open in U.S. theaters on November 1.
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture