Demi Lovato Honored By U.S. Health Department for Her Work as Youth Mentor
Demi Lovato finally made it to Washington D.C. to receive an honor from U.S. Department of Health after previously almost getting held up at airport. She was applauded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for breaking free from her demon and setting good example for youths facing such challenges.
The former Disney star has been very open about her past struggles with bipolar disorder, bulimia, drugs and cutting stemming from body image issues. She accepted an award from the U.S. Department of Health during a press briefing on Tuesday, May 7 before the National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day is observed two days later.
"Every young person faces challenges as they work toward becoming an independent adult, and for those with mental health challenges, it can be even more of a struggle," she said in a moving speech. "I want those young adults to know that your life has meaning and you can reach out to someone you trust for support and overcome any challenges in your life."
One day before, Demi almost couldn't get through security checkpoint at airport due to her new hair. The singer who just dyed her raven tresses blonde apparently looked almost unrecognizable to the airport officials. "Almost didn't make it through airport security!! I look SO different from my driver's license!! Hahaha #blondehairdon'tcare," she dished on Twitter.
Demi transformed herself from a brunette beauty into a blonde bombshell for a new music video of her new single "Made in the U.S.A" which she directed herself. That explained her previous tweet that read, "Something I've never done before..... #DEMI."
Along with lead single "Heart Attack", the song is confirmed for her upcoming studio album "Demi" set to be released in the United States on May 14.
More Demi Lovato News
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics