'The Office' Series Finale Gets Extra 15 Minutes
"The Office" will have an extended time to say goodbye. It has been announced that the show's series finale will get additional 15 minutes. The swan song will air on Thursday, May 16 from 9 P.M. to 10:15 P.M.
To accommodate this, NBC will air "Hannibal" at 10:15 P.M. with fewer commercials. Prior to the "Office" farewell episode, the network will air an hour-long "retrospective" special at 8 P.M.
Series creator and executive producer Greg Daniels said on the set in April that he didn't know if he would be able to edit the final episode down to just one hour because he wanted to give each character some proper goodbye scene.
The last episode of "The Office" takes place months after the airing of the documentary. The workers of Dunder Mifflinn, past and present, gather for a wedding and a final round of interviews. Mysteries are solved, hatchers are buried, pranks are prunked.
Former cast members Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak are confirmed to make appearance along with Rachael Harris, Dakota Johnson, Joan Cusack and more. Recent rumors also said that Steve Carell would return as Michael Scott for a cameo rather than a full-fledged guest appearance.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch