'The Office' Series Finale Gets Extra 15 Minutes
"The Office" will have an extended time to say goodbye. It has been announced that the show's series finale will get additional 15 minutes. The swan song will air on Thursday, May 16 from 9 P.M. to 10:15 P.M.
To accommodate this, NBC will air "Hannibal" at 10:15 P.M. with fewer commercials. Prior to the "Office" farewell episode, the network will air an hour-long "retrospective" special at 8 P.M.
Series creator and executive producer Greg Daniels said on the set in April that he didn't know if he would be able to edit the final episode down to just one hour because he wanted to give each character some proper goodbye scene.
The last episode of "The Office" takes place months after the airing of the documentary. The workers of Dunder Mifflinn, past and present, gather for a wedding and a final round of interviews. Mysteries are solved, hatchers are buried, pranks are prunked.
Former cast members Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak are confirmed to make appearance along with Rachael Harris, Dakota Johnson, Joan Cusack and more. Recent rumors also said that Steve Carell would return as Michael Scott for a cameo rather than a full-fledged guest appearance.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting