Nick Cannon Blasts 'American Idol' Producers for Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj Feud
Nick Cannon has blasted FOX and "American Idol" producers for perpetuating a feud between his wife Mariah Carey and another "Idol" judge Nicki Minaj. Stopping by "The Talk", the "America's Got Talent" host called the situation "kind of unfortunate."
"When you see someone like my wife, who tries to remain classy and tries to take the high road, it feels like everybody else around it - including the network and the producers - feed into this whole sound bite drama," Cannon said on the daytime talk show. "It feels like it lacks substance."
Believing that bickering and mean judges were no longer attractive to viewers, he added, "I think America in general is tired of seeing the mean judges and people be mean to people. They're over it. In the book of Mariah Carey, American Idol will be a footnote."
When interviewed on KTLA, Cannon also dished on Carey's future on "Idol". "It's a time when she has so many amazing things going on in her life, if there's something unstable - I think if they get it stable she might re-look [sic] at it, but no one wants to be a part of something unstable," he explained.
Meanwhile, a source said Carey threatened not to show up on "Idol" this week following her latest argument with Minaj. "Mariah doesn't want to come back, Nicki is really disrespecting her and she's tired of trying to bite her tongue all the time," a so-called insider told FOX411's Pop Tarts column.
The source added that the "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" singer didn't wan't to return next season. "She's done with it all. She doesn't need the platform, and all the drama isn't healthy for her," the source claimed. "She's also under fire with the producers for not being critical enough of the contestants."
Carey and Minaj's latest bickering sparked as the former pointed out that none of the latter's songs never placed first on Billboard hot 100. The Harajuku Barbie then hit back, writing on Twitter, "What u SHOULD be doing [wit your messy a**] is asking why a woman SO successful at her age, is still so INSECURE, and bitter @perezhilton."
Her war of words with Minaj aside, Carey will make use of "Idol" to premiere her new music video for "Beautiful" on Thursday, May 9's results show.
More American Idol News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video