Nick Cannon Blasts 'American Idol' Producers for Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj Feud
Nick Cannon has blasted FOX and "American Idol" producers for perpetuating a feud between his wife Mariah Carey and another "Idol" judge Nicki Minaj. Stopping by "The Talk", the "America's Got Talent" host called the situation "kind of unfortunate."
"When you see someone like my wife, who tries to remain classy and tries to take the high road, it feels like everybody else around it - including the network and the producers - feed into this whole sound bite drama," Cannon said on the daytime talk show. "It feels like it lacks substance."
Believing that bickering and mean judges were no longer attractive to viewers, he added, "I think America in general is tired of seeing the mean judges and people be mean to people. They're over it. In the book of Mariah Carey, American Idol will be a footnote."
When interviewed on KTLA, Cannon also dished on Carey's future on "Idol". "It's a time when she has so many amazing things going on in her life, if there's something unstable - I think if they get it stable she might re-look [sic] at it, but no one wants to be a part of something unstable," he explained.
Meanwhile, a source said Carey threatened not to show up on "Idol" this week following her latest argument with Minaj. "Mariah doesn't want to come back, Nicki is really disrespecting her and she's tired of trying to bite her tongue all the time," a so-called insider told FOX411's Pop Tarts column.
The source added that the "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" singer didn't wan't to return next season. "She's done with it all. She doesn't need the platform, and all the drama isn't healthy for her," the source claimed. "She's also under fire with the producers for not being critical enough of the contestants."
Carey and Minaj's latest bickering sparked as the former pointed out that none of the latter's songs never placed first on Billboard hot 100. The Harajuku Barbie then hit back, writing on Twitter, "What u SHOULD be doing [wit your messy a**] is asking why a woman SO successful at her age, is still so INSECURE, and bitter @perezhilton."
Her war of words with Minaj aside, Carey will make use of "Idol" to premiere her new music video for "Beautiful" on Thursday, May 9's results show.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri