Aerosmith Calls Off Indonesia Concert Over Safety Concerns
Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and the rest of Aerosmith will, unfortunately, not be seen by their fans in Indonesia as the band has been forced to cancel their forthcoming concert in the nation's capital Jakarta. The Bad Boys from Boston have called off their May 11 performance at the Jiexpo Kemayoran over fears of an alleged bomb plot at the Myanmar Embassy situated in the city.
The band made their announcement a day after Indonesian authorities foiled attempts by two suspected militant bombers to attack the Burmese embassy in Jakarta to protest Myanmar's treatment of Muslims. The decision was made despite the fact that the 15,000 tickets to the concert have all been nearly sold out.
Although it wasn't clear if the cancellation was caused by the alleged embassy plot, the band's management had put the group's safety first with the decision. Concert promoter Ismaya Live carried the Aerosmith's official statement on its website, where they apologized to fans, saying they hoped to make it up to the fans in the future. There was no indication whether they would reschedule the said concert.
Aerosmith kicked off their Asia-Pacific tour leg in April with their first-ever concert in New Zealand and several shows in Australia. Without the Jakarta concert, Aerosmith fans would have to catch the legendary band in their Wednesday concert in the Philippines, at the Mall of Asia Arena in the nation's capital, Manila.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says