Aerosmith Calls Off Indonesia Concert Over Safety Concerns
Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and the rest of Aerosmith will, unfortunately, not be seen by their fans in Indonesia as the band has been forced to cancel their forthcoming concert in the nation's capital Jakarta. The Bad Boys from Boston have called off their May 11 performance at the Jiexpo Kemayoran over fears of an alleged bomb plot at the Myanmar Embassy situated in the city.
The band made their announcement a day after Indonesian authorities foiled attempts by two suspected militant bombers to attack the Burmese embassy in Jakarta to protest Myanmar's treatment of Muslims. The decision was made despite the fact that the 15,000 tickets to the concert have all been nearly sold out.
Although it wasn't clear if the cancellation was caused by the alleged embassy plot, the band's management had put the group's safety first with the decision. Concert promoter Ismaya Live carried the Aerosmith's official statement on its website, where they apologized to fans, saying they hoped to make it up to the fans in the future. There was no indication whether they would reschedule the said concert.
Aerosmith kicked off their Asia-Pacific tour leg in April with their first-ever concert in New Zealand and several shows in Australia. Without the Jakarta concert, Aerosmith fans would have to catch the legendary band in their Wednesday concert in the Philippines, at the Mall of Asia Arena in the nation's capital, Manila.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake