Artist of the Week: Daft Punk
It's been a while since Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter release new music. Eight years after "Human After All", the Daft Punk duo will finally release a proper studio album "Random Access Memories" set for May 21 in the United States.
In their 20-year history, the Homem-Christo/Bangalter duo has redefined electronic music, pioneered the live dance concert experience and shaped Pop culture. In the new effort, the house music act stays true to their roots with a boast of guests like Pharrell Williams and Julian Casablancas.
The Neptunes' member assisted the group in their lead single "Get Lucky". The song brought those three to rule the chart in U.K., becoming the duo's first No. 1 hit. It additionally reached No. 14 in the United States, marking the duo's first ever top 40 hit on the chart.
"Random Access Memories" is not just any electronic-music album. The Daft Punk creation differs from the other efforts as it pays tribute to the late 1970s and early 80s era of music in the United States, particularly the sound of Los Angeles recordings of the period.
More Daft Punk News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs