Artist of the Week: Daft Punk
It's been a while since Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter release new music. Eight years after "Human After All", the Daft Punk duo will finally release a proper studio album "Random Access Memories" set for May 21 in the United States.
In their 20-year history, the Homem-Christo/Bangalter duo has redefined electronic music, pioneered the live dance concert experience and shaped Pop culture. In the new effort, the house music act stays true to their roots with a boast of guests like Pharrell Williams and Julian Casablancas.
The Neptunes' member assisted the group in their lead single "Get Lucky". The song brought those three to rule the chart in U.K., becoming the duo's first No. 1 hit. It additionally reached No. 14 in the United States, marking the duo's first ever top 40 hit on the chart.
"Random Access Memories" is not just any electronic-music album. The Daft Punk creation differs from the other efforts as it pays tribute to the late 1970s and early 80s era of music in the United States, particularly the sound of Los Angeles recordings of the period.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding