Artist of the Week: Daft Punk
It's been a while since Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter release new music. Eight years after "Human After All", the Daft Punk duo will finally release a proper studio album "Random Access Memories" set for May 21 in the United States.
In their 20-year history, the Homem-Christo/Bangalter duo has redefined electronic music, pioneered the live dance concert experience and shaped Pop culture. In the new effort, the house music act stays true to their roots with a boast of guests like Pharrell Williams and Julian Casablancas.
The Neptunes' member assisted the group in their lead single "Get Lucky". The song brought those three to rule the chart in U.K., becoming the duo's first No. 1 hit. It additionally reached No. 14 in the United States, marking the duo's first ever top 40 hit on the chart.
"Random Access Memories" is not just any electronic-music album. The Daft Punk creation differs from the other efforts as it pays tribute to the late 1970s and early 80s era of music in the United States, particularly the sound of Los Angeles recordings of the period.
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up