Artist of the Week: Daft Punk
It's been a while since Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter release new music. Eight years after "Human After All", the Daft Punk duo will finally release a proper studio album "Random Access Memories" set for May 21 in the United States.
In their 20-year history, the Homem-Christo/Bangalter duo has redefined electronic music, pioneered the live dance concert experience and shaped Pop culture. In the new effort, the house music act stays true to their roots with a boast of guests like Pharrell Williams and Julian Casablancas.
The Neptunes' member assisted the group in their lead single "Get Lucky". The song brought those three to rule the chart in U.K., becoming the duo's first No. 1 hit. It additionally reached No. 14 in the United States, marking the duo's first ever top 40 hit on the chart.
"Random Access Memories" is not just any electronic-music album. The Daft Punk creation differs from the other efforts as it pays tribute to the late 1970s and early 80s era of music in the United States, particularly the sound of Los Angeles recordings of the period.
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof