'The Amazing Race' Season 22 Crowns Frontrunners as the Winning Team
After weeks of traveling to 10 countries across the globe, "The Amazing Race" finally brought the remaining teams back to the United States in the season 22 finale. First, however, the four teams were headed to Belfast, Northern Ireland from Edinburgh, Scotland.
They faced the Roadblock in Peatlands Park where they had to bog snorkel. Anthony Battaglia finished first, followed by Katie Bichler and Mona Egender, while Jennifer Kuhle completed it on her third attempt after a pep talk from her team mate Caroline Cutbirth.
Next, the teams chose between serving a Titanic-inspired five-course meal or creating graffiti art in Detour. The first three teams chose the "Titanic" challenge, while Caroline & Jennifer chose graffiti. Max Bichler & Katie finished it first and won the 11th leg. They got a trip to the Dominican Republic.
Caroline & Jennifer, on the other hand, struggled to find the Beacon of Hope sculpture where they would get their next clue, after completing the Detour. Thus, Max & Katie and Mona & Beth beat the country singers in getting the spots in the final leg.
The final three then jetted off to Washington, D.C., and took a picture with "the president" at 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue before heading to Tidal Basin. They were later tasked to find their next clue in a briefcase held by one of 50 agents using their "password."
The clue led them to National Stadium, where they faced the last challenge. One team mate had to jump in a giant ball pit, find the 10 countries they had visited outlined on 10 different balls, and throw the balls to the other team member. Bates and Anthony finished it even before the other two teams arrived.
The hockey brothers went straight to the finish line at Mount Vernon and were announced as the winners of the $1 million prize. "I can't remember the last time I felt like this," Bates told host Phil Keoghan. Anthony joked, "I can buy some new [teeth] now."
The Bichler couple finished second, with roller derby moms Mona and Beth coming in the third place.
More The Amazing Race News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry