Keira Knightley Ties the Knot With James Righton in a Low-Key Ceremony
Keira Knightley is officially a married woman after she tied the knot with fiance James Righton on Saturday, May 4 in southern France. The pair exchanged vows in an intimate ceremony which was attended by 11 close friends and family. "It was not a long service and very few people," said a witness.
"The ceremony occurred just before noon and lasted only about 30 minutes. Keira looked beautiful. She wore a very pretty, very classic dress," the witness continued and an onlooker added, "It was a very moving ceremony. Keira looked emotional during the whole thing. She cried when they exchanged their vows but was still smiling."
Donning a simple white strapless dress by Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld, a Chanel jacket, flats, and daisy crown in her hair, Knightley was photographed leaving Mazan Town Hall while holding hands with her new husband. She was all smiles when making her way to a grey Renault Clio which would drive them to Knightley's family house to continue celebrating the wedding in a slightly bigger party.
The party would have Righton's band, Klaxons, performing in front of 50 guests, including actress Sienna Miller and Knightley's longtime friend and Chanel collaborator, Lagerfeld. More than 120 bottles of wine have reportedly been provided for the fete.
The marriage is the first for both Knigthley and Righton. The "Anna Karenina" actress previously dated Rupert Friend for five years before friend Alexa Chung introduced her to the Klaxon keyboardist. Knigtley and Righton went public with their relationship in April 2011 and in May 2012, they got engaged.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'