Keira Knightley Ties the Knot With James Righton in a Low-Key Ceremony
Keira Knightley is officially a married woman after she tied the knot with fiance James Righton on Saturday, May 4 in southern France. The pair exchanged vows in an intimate ceremony which was attended by 11 close friends and family. "It was not a long service and very few people," said a witness.
"The ceremony occurred just before noon and lasted only about 30 minutes. Keira looked beautiful. She wore a very pretty, very classic dress," the witness continued and an onlooker added, "It was a very moving ceremony. Keira looked emotional during the whole thing. She cried when they exchanged their vows but was still smiling."
Donning a simple white strapless dress by Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld, a Chanel jacket, flats, and daisy crown in her hair, Knightley was photographed leaving Mazan Town Hall while holding hands with her new husband. She was all smiles when making her way to a grey Renault Clio which would drive them to Knightley's family house to continue celebrating the wedding in a slightly bigger party.
The party would have Righton's band, Klaxons, performing in front of 50 guests, including actress Sienna Miller and Knightley's longtime friend and Chanel collaborator, Lagerfeld. More than 120 bottles of wine have reportedly been provided for the fete.
The marriage is the first for both Knigthley and Righton. The "Anna Karenina" actress previously dated Rupert Friend for five years before friend Alexa Chung introduced her to the Klaxon keyboardist. Knigtley and Righton went public with their relationship in April 2011 and in May 2012, they got engaged.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences