Luke Evans Set to Become 'The Crow'
After approaching several Hollywood big names, Relativity Media finally finds the best actor to lead its upcoming film "The Crow". Welsh actor Luke Evans is reportedly attached to play Eric Draven, a murdered rock star who is brought to life by supernatural bird crow to avenge his own murder as well as the murder of his fiancee.
Deadline reports that the Owen Shaw of "Fast and Furious 6" was initially the studio's first choice to play the title role, made famous by the late Brandon Lee. However, he passed on the offer due to his busy schedule. Hence, the studio has decided to push the start date to early next year to accommodate his schedule and to get him signed on.
Before Evans is signed, Tom Hiddleston was said to be the frontrunner for the job as he reportedly had dinner with producers and even sent them a make-up test that he did by himself in London. However, a week later, the studio reportedly withdrew its offer for him and Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgard was suddenly rumored to be the next contender.
Spanish director F. Javier Gutierrez is set to direct the remake of the 1994 film, which was helmed by Alex Proyas, with the script by Jesse Wigutow. Edward R. Pressman, Jeff Most and Ryan Kavanaugh are on board to produce the pic, which is based on James O'Barr's 1989 comic book. No release date has been set yet.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby