Luke Evans Set to Become 'The Crow'
After approaching several Hollywood big names, Relativity Media finally finds the best actor to lead its upcoming film "The Crow". Welsh actor Luke Evans is reportedly attached to play Eric Draven, a murdered rock star who is brought to life by supernatural bird crow to avenge his own murder as well as the murder of his fiancee.
Deadline reports that the Owen Shaw of "Fast and Furious 6" was initially the studio's first choice to play the title role, made famous by the late Brandon Lee. However, he passed on the offer due to his busy schedule. Hence, the studio has decided to push the start date to early next year to accommodate his schedule and to get him signed on.
Before Evans is signed, Tom Hiddleston was said to be the frontrunner for the job as he reportedly had dinner with producers and even sent them a make-up test that he did by himself in London. However, a week later, the studio reportedly withdrew its offer for him and Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgard was suddenly rumored to be the next contender.
Spanish director F. Javier Gutierrez is set to direct the remake of the 1994 film, which was helmed by Alex Proyas, with the script by Jesse Wigutow. Edward R. Pressman, Jeff Most and Ryan Kavanaugh are on board to produce the pic, which is based on James O'Barr's 1989 comic book. No release date has been set yet.
More The Crow News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now