Luke Evans Set to Become 'The Crow'
After approaching several Hollywood big names, Relativity Media finally finds the best actor to lead its upcoming film "The Crow". Welsh actor Luke Evans is reportedly attached to play Eric Draven, a murdered rock star who is brought to life by supernatural bird crow to avenge his own murder as well as the murder of his fiancee.
Deadline reports that the Owen Shaw of "Fast and Furious 6" was initially the studio's first choice to play the title role, made famous by the late Brandon Lee. However, he passed on the offer due to his busy schedule. Hence, the studio has decided to push the start date to early next year to accommodate his schedule and to get him signed on.
Before Evans is signed, Tom Hiddleston was said to be the frontrunner for the job as he reportedly had dinner with producers and even sent them a make-up test that he did by himself in London. However, a week later, the studio reportedly withdrew its offer for him and Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgard was suddenly rumored to be the next contender.
Spanish director F. Javier Gutierrez is set to direct the remake of the 1994 film, which was helmed by Alex Proyas, with the script by Jesse Wigutow. Edward R. Pressman, Jeff Most and Ryan Kavanaugh are on board to produce the pic, which is based on James O'Barr's 1989 comic book. No release date has been set yet.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week