Justin Bieber Attacked by Fan in Dubai Concert
A crazed fan tried to grab Justin Bieber onstage during Dubai concert on Saturday, May 4. Abu Dhabi's English news outlet The National reported that a "youth in a white shirt and jeans" went onstage to touch Bieber who was sitting down at a piano.
Security guards quickly tackled the man, causing the huge piano knocked off in the attempt, while Bieber managed to escape to the side of the stage. He continued performing as if nothing happened. Staffers returned the piano to its original position, but it was reportedly damaged and could not be used.
Bieber's representative stated, "All is fine. A man ran on stage during 'Believe' and tried to grab Justin and knocked the piano over. He was a fan. Security detained the young man. All was fine and Justin continued the show."
In other news, Bieber reportedly made his young fans and their parents upset for coming two hours late to the Dubai concert. British media, The Mirror, reported that many fans went to Sevens stadium as early as 5 P.M. to catch a glimpse of the singer, but the Saturday show only started at 10 P.M., and finished at 11:40 P.M. Some young fans and their parents were forced to leave early because Sunday is the start of school day in the United Arab Emirates.
A source said, "Many people in the crowd were really annoyed to be kept waiting all that time. Parents had forked out a lot of money for tickets, which started at around 60 pound sterling, and the venue is way out in the desert - and then, who wants to have to tell their kids that they must leave halfway through the gig? Justin knows his fan base is young and he should respect this and make allowances for it as he is certainly making a lot of money off them."
The concert organizer Done Events stated on Facebook on Sunday, May 5, saying, "Recent shows on this tour have started late and so the artist was also later than scheduled in taking to the stage last [Saturday] night. We really empathize with the fans and their parents who were affected by the delay and to whom this might have caused some inconvenience."
More Justin Bieber News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'